Oy! My husband, the B&W thinker!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
For someone who gets paid decent money to solve problems all day long, and who prides himself on thinking "outside-the-box," my husband is incredibly black and white in his thinking when it comes to navigating the freeways to and from work.

difficult child 1 has a concert tonight at a high school that backs up to difficult child 2's school. husband has been to this high school no less than six times, and he has been to difficult child 2's school nearly a dozen times. Yet he is suddenly feeling lost and cannot figure out how to get to either of these schools tonight from his work (which he's been going to for six months now) simply because the school does not show up in his GPS unit. :faint: I tried telling him to just go his usual route home and get off at exit X which is the street difficult child 2's school is on. This does not ease his anxiety at all, and he repeats to me that the GPS is not showing the high school or difficult child 2's school, and then hangs up the phone.

:hammer:

Andy

Like teaching kids to use a calculater before they know how to do the math! :) I hope he was able take a deep breath and think it through - we KNOW he use to be able to drive without a GPS once a long time ago - Those devices haven't been out very long. Technology is not always the answer.

(though if I were him and couldn't figure it out, I know I would drive all the way back home, turn around and go the route I know - then my husband would get super crabby because I wasted gas!)

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just think it's funny that he can't remember how to get to a place he's been to before from a place he's been to before, especially when one is on the way to the other! He's the same way with his mother in law's house. Been there a gazillion times. Still can't remember which roads to take. :tongue: