Please pray for difficult child 1

DammitJanet

Hey Shari.. Sorry things arent really looking like this is going to be a grand homecoming. See if your daughter in law can contact the family readiness unit and ask about the support for family and returning vets.

This is going to sound so weird but when I got sick, Jamie was supposed to be headed to Iraq but instead they just gave him his discharge because they thought I was going to die. However, somehow in his records, he was still listed as being on active duty in Iraq! So periodically I would get these updates on how long he had been overseas and what to do to prepare for his homecoming and all this stuff. I got my blue star pin and all. Jamie and I thought this was all hilarious at the time. After all...he had his honorable discharge papers and everything! (I was listed as his next of kin on his paperwork just so you know from when he joined the Marines)

Anyway...when the unit he would have been active with actually was about to return home, I got this whole packet with pamphlets for me, coloring books for kids, numbers to call, a whole bunch of stuff. Oh...and a lovely letter from the President thanking me for allowing my son to serve in the United States Marines...lol.

ETA: If you think talking to Jamie would help, then feel free to PM me for his number. He is always willing to talk to another Marine. He is after all pretty close to his age.

keista

Prayers out to you and your family.

Is it possible for him to stay with family or friends close by for a while? Before he goes back to wife and son - Kinda like a transition back to his 'regular' life? It can be monumentally difficult transitioning back, and if he's already afraid to return, then maybe figure out a way to heed that warning and get some help in place before things go from bad to worse.

My step, step son was pretty messed up, but didn't know it or show it while he was awake. While asleep was a different story. He woke up several times only because his wife was screaming bloody murder. The reason she was screaming was because he was attacking her in some way shape or form. Of course, it wasn't her he was meaning to attack, it was some insurgent. As much as they didn't want to, they ended up in separate rooms. He refused to get help because he was "fine". He was of the opinion that "depression was for weaklings".

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Adding my prayers to all the others. I hope between you and your daughter in law you're able to find the resources he needs. Big hugs and thanks to difficult child.