Problem son turned 19 yesterday

Billiesue

My son turned 19 yesterday. We had a party for him at my house. He is currently still living with his 19 year old girlfriend. This has lasted about a month. Still waiting to see if they run out of money and can't do this since I know he is still smoking pot. I feel like it is out of my hands unless he comes home. He showed up with eyes looking off. Not red. He always keeps a supply of Visine, but swollen. I thought when he hugged me he smelled like it. Hickeys on either side of his neck. OMG, he was raised better. Hard to know and not say anything. Occasionally I check his twitter which he doesn't know I see. They both work at Mcdonald's and are attending community college. He tweets, " Get up, go to work. Work a long ass time. Come home. Think about what happened at work. Get up do it all over." I thought that was funny. Welcome to my world. To make matters worse, they are going to a concert tonight. John Butler concert about 4 hours away. I told my husband it would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in trouble for the first time.

pigless in VA

Hi, Billesue. Maybe focus on the positives tonight. He is working and going to school. He has a roof and a girlfriend. He came to see you for his birthday. If there is trouble, you will know soon enough.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
My son turned 19 yesterday. We had a party for him at my house. He is currently still living with his 19 year old girlfriend. This has lasted about a month. Still waiting to see if they run out of money and can't do this since I know he is still smoking pot. I feel like it is out of my hands unless he comes home. He showed up with eyes looking off. Not red. He always keeps a supply of Visine, but swollen. I thought when he hugged me he smelled like it. Hickeys on either side of his neck. OMG, he was raised better. Hard to know and not say anything. Occasionally I check his twitter which he doesn't know I see. They both work at Mcdonald's and are attending community college. He tweets, " Get up, go to work. Work a long ass time. Come home. Think about what happened at work. Get up do it all over." I thought that was funny. Welcome to my world. To make matters worse, they are going to a concert tonight. John Butler concert about 4 hours away. I told my husband it would be the perfect opportunity for him to get in trouble for the first time.
I am envious of the line get in trouble for the first time. Sigh.
I hope they are not driving under the influence.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Billiesue:

Welcome. Yes agree with others. WISH my son was doing so well. Some people can smoke weed and function just like some people can drink alcohol and function.

Unless he's using hard drugs I think he's doing pretty well! Enjoy your life and don't worry/be happy.

Billiesue

Crayola-I don't know what his grades are like because he won't sign the paper to let me see them. Bless you Terilobe. I'm sorry. Thanks RNO

There is an article in the Parent Emeritus section on Detachment. I think the prior poster's comments on counting your blessings is a great idea.