Question about changing therapist..

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by Valentine, Oct 19, 2010.

  1. Valentine

    Valentine New Member

    Okay.. My 14 yr old got in massive trouble over homicidal threats towards us and we have been having to go to court and been dealing with Family Preservation for around a year now.. difficult child is expected to come home soon like in a week or two and I dont trust his therapist AT ALL!! This man doesnt help difficult child and not to mentioin went to the PA to try to get difficult child in a foster home but I have him admitted to a PRTF first.. I am afraid to do anything drastic since we have so many people involved... What should I do?
  2. smallworld

    smallworld Moderator

    When our son comes home from his Residential Treatment Center (RTC) in December, we are switching to a new psychiatrist and therapist because we feel as if our son needs a fresh start. Is there any reason you can't just find a new therapist to work with your difficult child?