Question about yahoo emailing

Malika

Does anyone happen to know... computer wizards! I often have to write emails in French - I have an English keyboard with no French characters (accents, etc). Is there any way to get foreign characters within a yahoo email??
Probably not but... just thought I'd ask.

Malika

Did a google search (should have thought of that before) and found the answer - there are codes with the Alt key and number pad numbers that give French accents. So now you know!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LMAO buddy!!!

And yes, yes I do. :rofl:

Was gonna say I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it as I know others who do.......just didn't know how, and now I do. :)

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If you're running Windows, under System Tools there's this thing called Character Map. I use it a lot for accents and tildes.

trinityroyal

Malika, that function is system-wide so you should be able to use it with yahoo e-mail. If you're running Windows Vista or Windows 7, there's a little tool on the Task Bar (the bar at the bottom of your screen with the clock, and several small icons). One of the icons looks like a miniature keyboard. You can use it to change the character set for your keyboard. The one difficulty is that if your keys are all labelled in English, you will have to memorize the equivalent French characters. I do know that the ? key changes to an acute accent, but don't know the others off-hand.

I think you can buy keyboard stickers that have the English and French character sets on them for when you switch between the languages.

Malika

Oh, good lord, it's so simple! Thanks, Trinity! All these emails I have sent people apologising for the lack of accents because I have an English keyboard... well, better late than never :)