Rattle beads and send some postive ju-ju to the Chicken Coop...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
because it looks like I have a buyer for my VAN!!!!!!!!!

A guy came by with his family yesterday to look at it. He drove it around a bit, then asked about a rattling noise it makes. I didn't know because it's done that for a long time and didn't seem to affect the function. So he asked me to take it to a mechanic to find out. Which I did -- cost me close to $50 today to find out the starter needs to be replaced (and soon) so it doesn't damage the flywheel (some thing is not retracting all the way like it's supposed to).

The guy just called me back and I told him what I found out -- plus one other thing related to the a/c that I found out. He didn't miss a beat and said he wants to come over with his mechanic friend tonight between 6 and 7pm... said he wasn't too worried about the repair issues, that his friend could probably take care of it, and that he still wants the vehicle!!!! He also didn't say anything about reducing the price further (I was asking $3,000 when he first came over, then he asked me to drop to $2,500 which I agreed to do... that was before he drove it.)

husband says if he will give us $2,000 to take the money and RUN.

Part of me doesn't want to let go (I'm weird... I still see it as very useful for us) but I also see what a money pit it has been.

So I need all the positive vibes I can get so this deal goes through tonight... :angel3:

trinityroyal

Rattling beads, strapping on the chicken livers and heaving myself out of my chair to start dancing.

Hope all goes well!

Trinity

gcvmom

Here we go again!
And IF the deal goes through, we just found out the money we get for the car will just about cover our costs for husband's CPAP machine... :( So much for using it to pay other bills. But it's better than nothing, right? ;)