Regional names for things

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
If I am going to eat a hot dog anywhere but home, I ask them for the burnt/overcooked ones. I then diguise them under onions, ketchup, mustard and relish.

At home, they're all beef, and properly grilled so they have that little "snap" when you bite into them. Horseradish tastes fantastic on these.

All that said, the BEST hot dogs on the planet are served at Der Wienerschnitzel, with yellow mustard and sauerkraut, on a slightly soggy steamed white bun... With icy Dr Pepper.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
On the very rare occasions I eat hotdogs, I only eat kosher hotdogs. Problem is, while I know the animals I'm eating are much healthier, and that the "lips and assholes" aren't used in kosher hotdogs, I have to get past the way the animals are slaughtered.

So, if you go Kosher, your chances as getting a healthy animal are much greater (so much as a bruise or scrape and the animal is rejected), the method of slaughter is cruel (slitting the throat while the animal is standing and conscious)

I grew up eating various European sausages, all Kosher. When I went to Germany, I was thrilled to be able to eat all these sausages in their native lands. Tried them, and they all tasted funny. Turns out it was because the original versions were all made with pork.