requesting evaluation

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by compassion, Mar 14, 2009.

  1. compassion

    compassion Member

    difficult child has always been homeschooled. I am looking at opitons for her. She has never had an evaluation. I am ging through nerupych but think I need to go through the school district. I thought I was to request from the district she is in (next county currrnety in Residential Treatment Center (RTC)) : I did request it but now am thinking I need to request from my county spec. ed service??? Thanks Compassion
  2. Martie

    Martie Moderator


    Send a certified letter to the Director of Special Education in the SD in which you reside. Request a comprehensive evaluation of all areas of functioning that may be negatively impacting difficult child's academic progress. Do not tell them what to evaluate specifically; rather, ask for everything.

    The SD has 60 days to complete this evaluation, so it would be a good idea to request it ASAP.