Requesting testing for IEP?

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by Woofens, Dec 4, 2008.

  1. Woofens

    Woofens New Member

    I know that this has been discussed before, but is there a form letter someplace to request that the school do testing to determine if a students has Learning Disability (LD)'s and or needs an IEP? I know I had one, but I think it is on the other computer and I can't access it right now.

  2. jal

    jal Member

    Usually on your schools website there is a downloadable form that you can fill out to request for an evaluation. I know that's where I found mine.
  3. Ropefree

    Ropefree Banned

    You can ask for it in the office at the school. And because you ask they have to give it to you.
  4. klmno

    klmno Active Member

    Check on the FAQ section for one- there is one floating around here somewhere. Also, post in the General if you haven't found it yet.
  5. Sheila

    Sheila Moderator

  6. Woofens

    Woofens New Member

    Thanks so much! I got it in writing yesterday that they are going to test difficult child J after the Christmas holidays. I was getting really frustrated.