rough like sand paper

trinityroyal

My favourite things:

Today's hair "style". Courtesy of Tyrannosaur, who thought my hair needed a bit of adjusting, and Tyrantina, who "fixed it" after Tyrannosaur was finished with me.
I giggle everytime I walk past the mirror and see the hair-chaos caused by the Monster Tots. I'm considering wearing it like this to the (very posh) cocktail party I'm supposed to go to tonight, just to be a bit rebellious.

A new skein of yarn and all the possibilities it represents.

A blank sheet of paper, same thing.

easy child sending me a text message saying "Thinking hugs at you Mummy"

The confused look I usually get when someone asks "What are you thinking?" and I answer them truthfully. Tee hee.

Hope you're having a better day today Dixies_Fire.

Dixies_fire

I like the goat and that coffee looks tasty.

We have some whole bean coffee in the freezer that is really wonderful.

I'm having a hard time getting off my butt.
My yard sale got canceled that I was going to have on Saturday so the energy that was driving me even halfway has kind of abandoned me and I have two doctors appointments this afternoon for my easy child's .

My hubs just bout me a peach colored rose
We've been arguing or silent treating for two days. While the rose is pretty an "I'm sorry" would make me feel a lot better.

Two weeks till surgery.
The army is gearing up to force the issue of him getting out, which is fine we know he has to get out but if they don't give him the medical discharge and wait and see what happens after surgery 1st we are screwed on money and 2nd they are setting him up for a 1000 kinds of failure as a civilian including our marriage. He is not okay, he is just on this side of functioning and as determined as I want to be to help him get better I can not continue to care for 3 kids with no assistance and the mean-ness from him I can not continue to expose my kids to especially my difficult child. Summer is almost here and my kids tk and boyo are going to stay with dad so I will get some kind of break soon. I am just worried and hurt. So blessed hurt.

So on that note:

The scent of a freshly cleaned house.

Sitting down after the house is clean and surveying your domain.

I like gardens too but it has been many years since I had one. There is nothing quite like growing food, nurturing a plant till it nurtures you. When we do move somewhere I can plant we will have a garden.

Sunshine on your shoulders.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Hope the world is looking brighter today Dixies_fire.................sometimes life can throw you just way too many curve balls............it's always good to remember the bright spots.................hope all of our warm memories helped you get through to the other side.............HUGS.............

Dixies_fire

Trinity- a blank piece of paper is a good one! And a new pen. Black or purple ink..

Recovering- I'm just trying to remember that no matter what it will get better.

trinityroyal

Pens with purple ink. Or turquoise. I got one of each, and a new notebook the other day, when husband came home from Costco with surprises for me. I've been going a bit bonkers making lists ever since. Lovely lists, written in long-hand.

And yes, Dixies_fire, it will get better. It's hard to keep that in mind when you're stuck in the middle of it though. Sometimes all you can do is keep breathing in and out. Focus on the next hour, or minute, if that's what it takes.

A few more favourites:

The "purple ones" that are beginning to sprout in my front garden, and the "red ones" out back. They were planted by the previous owner of the house about 20 years ago, and they bloom like clockwork every year without any intervention from me. The previous owner must have been a fabulous gardener, 'cause all the plants are lovely, but they're nothing to do with me. I just get the credit for them. Whenever people come over, they start asking me detailed questions about the garden. I usually answer "The purple one" or "That's the one with the poky-outy leaves". That's about the extent of my gardening knowledge.

(If they really want to know, I send them to my neighbour across the street, who has a degree in horticulture)

nerfherder

Hope the world is looking brighter today Dixies_fire.................sometimes life can throw you just way too many curve balls............it's always good to remember the bright spots.................hope all of our warm memories helped you get through to the other side.............HUGS.............

If I may add to that:

One friend and mentor (I have a lot of these in my life, I am blessed) when I was seeking input because well, he's good at it and I try to avoid going to him because he's got enough people in his life being needy or at least questioning - I described my situation as it is now, how frustrated I am that I've had all this martial arts and self-actualization from a variety of sources in the Tool Box Of My Self, and yet right now I'm so whacked by stress and worry that I can't bring the focus into place to actually use the tools I have.

His comment, using the scarab beetle (aka the Egyptian god Khephri, the symbol of Becoming) as a metaphor: Right now you're rolling a great big ball of all of these experiences, probably worried that it will crush you. Sometime later, on the other side of thing, you'll be able to see what grows out of it.

So perhaps my sharing this forward will help us all.