safety questions

amy4129

Corey does little things that are by themselves not harmful but have potential to be. I don't know how to keep him safe if it is a difficult child thing or just a typical kid thing.
Example today on the bus home from school Ken found him with 2 quarters in his mouth. He came in the house and said " Mom,ken's right I did it." When I ask why. I got " don't know". All I can think what if the bus stopped suddenly, what if he tripped an fell and those coins got stuck in his throat. What if......
I can't be at his side 24/7. Even when I'm right with him..he can get into something in a heartbeat.

Sorry for the jumbled vent, I hope it makes enough sense.
Amy

dreamer

that sounds pretty typical of a kid that age-----they just do not yet have the life experience to be aware of all the dangers - which is why they still legally need babysitters etc.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I agree it sounds pretty typical kid stuff but then again I just have my difficult child to compare to-lol!

amy4129

Thanks guys. As a Mom, I know we compare kids to their siblings, :smirk: even if we shouldn't. difficult child to difficult child it is hard sometimes to know what is typical kid behavior. :confused:
Amy

houseofcards

I know what you mean. My easy child/difficult child got stitches 2 times in his life, both at school. First time he was having a fire drill and thought it was a good idea to put his arms inside his shirt, a little brat..I mean child, intentionally tripped him and of course he couldn't get his arms out to protect himself. Another time he slipped while handing out papers and hit a desk, I don't really know how that happened. He always was a different drummer with unique outlooks and that carried over into him trying unique things. He also never liked to be bored and would find a way to play with anything. Maybe there are some safe toys he could play with on the bus?, but my school district probably wouldn't allow it, don't know about yours.

DammitJanet

So you have met my boys huh Amy? LOL. They kept their files permanently stashed at the nurses station in the ER because they were there so often.

I guess the good thing now is its only my Cory who does the really dumb stuff. So you have a fighting chance that Ken will outgrow it...lmao.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Pretty typical.

Don't wanna scare you, but seems like males in this area get worse during the teen years. It made me glad T lags so far behind. lol