Scent of Cedar could use our prayers, board juju, good wishes..........

Estherfromjerusalem

Just want to tell you that I am thinking of you. I really do care, although I don't post very often these days. I wish you lots of strength and inner peace to get through these difficult times. Sending you lots of love and a really big hug,

Esther

DDD

I think I already sent support. If not ? you can cound on me to be on your side. Hugs. DDD

DammitJanet

Dont know what is going on but I am sending good thoughts and a rope to hang on to. Some days it seems all we can do is breathe.

scent of cedar

Two or three things, Dammit.

The traumatic part has to do with difficult child daughter. A seizure about two weeks ago. Apparent full recovery. (difficult child has had so many head injuries these past months ~ most from beatings, one from car accident some months back.) We were suspicious of beatings at that time. difficult child denied. Public beating with biting in a K Mart, next. They left, and said beating was completed at next location. Male jailed and out on bail the next day. difficult child to another town; needs gas money to get to another state. By the time we transferred the money two hours later, difficult child has been stopped for no seat belt. License plates confiscated as stolen. (Which is very bad. We just paid for those plates not so long ago.) Truck not impounded because of abuse situation, but difficult child not allowed to drive it. Abusive male released. Came after difficult child with butcher knife but she talked him down. They stayed with male's brother, and were kicked out Tuesday afternoon. Male took difficult child and the truck with him to their apartment some 80 miles out in the boonies and attempted to beat difficult child to death. Thought she WAS dead. difficult child woke up in back bedroom of their apartment 14 hours later, naked, on the floor, blind because eyes too swollen to open.

Very cold, here.

She began moaning and calling for male. He came in, started "getting mad again." Somehow, convinced him he would not be charged with murder if he brought her to hospital now and they claimed snowmobile accident.

So, he did.

difficult child still in hospital: Broken ribs, collapsed lung, broken vertebra in neck (strangulation) and back (from being kicked after unconscious). Broken nose, of course. Male charged with felony domestic abuse. In jail. Likely to make bail soon.

Does not appear to be permanent damage to brain. No paralysis.

So, that is that. Traumatic, hard to function around.

We have made arrangements for difficult child to be collected from hospital when discharged. Still clarifying arrangements for how she will travel from that state to the state where her ex-husband and sons are, or here, to where we are.

difficult child son, whom we told needed to make it on his own and then, passed a little cash to, says he will be homeless with his family unless we pay rent and etc. We are not going to do that. Still, it's an added thing.

Also, confronted my sister about manipulative techniques, so am a little shaken about that.

The worst thing is difficult child daughter. I never could stand up in the face of the beatings she has received.

Very difficult. I appreciate the prayers and good wishes more than you could ever know.

When I pray for myself?

I pray for strength, and for discretion and patience, and for joy in all that I do have. These are things we all need, here on the site. I know I am not the only one, I know my story is not the worst one, but as this progresses and I don't know how I am able to keep doing my best...I think of you all, knowing and praying and holding good thoughts for me.

Thanks, guys.

Cedar

BusynMember

Wow, how awful! Sending love and light and prayers. Hugs too!

I am so sorry I was late to post, but CD had a malfunction and some of us were locked off the site so this is my first time seeing this.

Calamity Jane

Oh my gosh, Cedar, that is beyond words. If' it is any help or consolation at all, please know I'm praying like crazy for your family. I'm so sorry.

DammitJanet

wow, just wow. Is this the same male who she was with when she was homeless and in the car accident? The last I remember was she met some man who was at your house and they were going to go live in the place that you normally winter at. That sentence was way run on!

Personally I could never live with myself if I didnt try something with a child in your daughter's condition. I hope that miserable POS never makes bail. I dont think it should be domestic violence, it should be attempted murder. I feel so badly for all of you...including daughter. I cant imagine being in her position though I probably put myself in that sort of place a few times.

*If there is anything I can do other than just pray like crazy, let me know.

scent of cedar

No. That was a different man. :O( That man was picked up and jailed for attempted vehicular homicide regarding smashing daughter's van into stone wall in attempt to kill them both. It was when he was picked up that daughter came home. The man who beat her this time is the father of difficult child's second child, who is 14. difficult child was discharged today, and has gone to a shelter in that state.

It was sweet of you to offer, Janet. We don't even know what to do, ourselves.

Cedar

scent of cedar

I am good now, everyone. Appreciate the prayers, the good, strengthening thoughts, just the knowledge that you all are out there. This fight is not an easy one. There are so many internal demons to address before we can break through to that place where we do not feel victimized, frozen in place and yet, required to run.

Recovering, thank you especially, from the bottom of my heart. You have been right there with me every step, every slip along the way.

Cedar

N

Nomad

Just figured out what POS means. I second that! Should be locked up, given bread and water for the rest of his life, key thrown far away forever.FOREVER! Maybe a Bible to read. And this is my kind, generous version.

cedar, you are in my daily prayers. happy to read you are feeling a bit better.