Schizophrenia - perceptions in art - interesting

Star*

call 911........call 911
I used to have a friend who was an unmedicated schizophrenic. He struggles with life, himself, relationships and reality every day.
He is a very dangerous person and I was advised to no longer keep a friendship. I hadn't seen him for around 8 years and saw him the other day in a fast food restaurant - I was relieved when he didn't recognize me. He moved into a house one time and had an episode and painted all of the windows inside with red, green, dark blue and orange - it was the absolute most bizarre thing you have ever seen. These pictures especially the last one reminded me of what he did that day. He took no responsibility for it, but continued to self medicate with drugs and alcohol.

I have another friend who's sister is schiz. She IS on medication and diet with exercise and is doing rather well.

Both had people and families that never gave up on them -

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My mother is an unmedicated schizophrenic. I've come so close to getting her onto medications, only to have her dump them into the toilet. *sigh*

Life with an unmedicated schizophrenic is never dull, let me tell you. With my mother we had to develope fast reflexes and learn to read body language brilliantly just to be around her.

The art is interesting, though. Sort of how I felt my Mom's facial expressions could appear during various episodes.

ShakespeareMamaX

That is awesome, scary, insane. It reminds me of myself when I go through my stages and the varieties of art that comes out of me. I'll have to try to collect them and post them one day.

I've learned that I have an obsession with eyes. Usually, every picture I've drawn has had an eye incorporated in it, somewhere. Oddly, it took me a while to figure this hidden obsession out.

Any thoughts on eyes?

Thank you, Ranger. :laugh:

Sheila

Wow! That's the best analogy of perspective differentials I've ever seen or "heard." It sure brings meaning to the cliche "a picture's worth a thousand words."

TerryJ2

Wow, no matter his mental condition, his mastery and skill show through on every canvas. Impressive.
From an artist's point of view, I didn't see any of it being scary. I just saw different perspectives.
Of course, this artist stayed on canvas and off of windows, so that surely helps.
Thanks, Loan Ranger.