Seriously????

slsh

member since 1999
difficult children. :hammer:

Does it never end? :hammer: :hammer:

After being gone for over a week (last I heard, was headed up to Chicago for someone's trial), he apparently has texted husband and is asking for a ride home... from a town that is 50 miles or so into Indiana...

I don't even want to know how he got there, or why. Guess the only positive thing that can be said is the kid's sense of self-preservation has progressed to the point where he knew it might be unwise to ask me to pick him up.

Seriously - I'm about ready to move away from them *all* and leave no forwarding address. :byebye:

JJJ

Is husband going to get him?

I'd probably just say 'get home the same way you got there'.

Ugh.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm on the way to Step and "next door" county wise to HaoZi.

Hmmm....wonder if he went to visit MY difficult child??? LOL We found out the other day that he has arrived at his formal placement within the Indiana doctor and it's up that way.

slsh

member since 1999
Oh mustang - you know, if he knew your difficult child, thank you would be there at every hearing and every visiting day to show his support (rather than, say, FINDING A JOB!!!) because supporting his "bros" is far more important than anything else. :rofl:

Yes, husband of course went over to get him. It struck me this evening that as much as I've worked so hard to detach, torn out hair, gone gray, gained 20 pounds, and aged a decade in the past 2 years, husband hasn't done a bit of work on it, because *I've* been doing it for him. I make all the decisions. husband is just along for the ride. You should have seen him when I got home. He was just *dying* to tell me all the gory details. He got as far as "You wouldn't believe how far away thank you was..." when I cut him off and told him I didn't want to know, that he (husband) was a better person than I because I sure as heck wouldn't have gone to get him, but then thank you obviously knows which parent to call for the really boneheaded stuff.

Sigh.... yes, a road trip is long overdue. I used to do road trips all the time when I was young. Just hit the road and drive until I saw something interesting, stop and check it out, then head out again for the next interesting thing. No itinerary, no schedule, no obligations. You find the most interesting things that way. I've always wanted to hit the walnut bowl factories in MO - not that I'm terribly interested in walnut bowls, but just because the billboards are every couple of miles on MO interstates. And Rock City - I don't even know what it is, but those billboards are everywhere down there.

Oh well... maybe someday. ;)

nvts

As I've said time and time again...you just can't make this stuff up...they're all getting nuttier than a fruitcake lately...maybe it was the weird moon the other day...

Beth

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Beth, you may be on to something there...

Sheesh. You know, I used to do those road trips too. When I was single. Just hop in the car and go... Found out a 1986 Ford EXP and a blizzard do NOT mesh well... But... Was safe... I mean seriously. I used to love it.

There's signs all over the place for caves around here - But where the heck are they???

Steely

Yes, I believe it is Spring and the moon combined. All of the people I know with bi-polar, including Matt, are just a mess.
I went to see Matt last night after being in OR 2 weeks helping with my Dad until he passed away, driving 4 hours and flying 2 hours to get home, and the most I could got from Matt when I walked in to say hi was "I feel like killing everyone".
Well, fantastic warm and fuzzy son - I will be on my merry way then.
OMG. I am done with this world as I know it.

H

HaoZi

Got to go with it, this is the first day since the supermoon went down that Kiddo hasn't been a terror. In fact, she helped clean today! Highly unusual behavior that I wish I saw more often.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The caves are down here by me Step lol

Pathetic part of that is I've wanted to see them forever and not yet made it. ugh

TerryJ2

Guess the only positive thing that can be said is the kid's sense of self-preservation has progressed to the point where he knew it might be unwise to ask me to pick him up.

ROFL!
(Sorry)

tawnya

I've always told my non-difficult child family that if they get a postcard from Mary Smith in Iowa they should know who it came from.

The walnut bowl factory is wonderful, by the way!

((HUGS))