Seven pounds...

witzend

I gained seven pounds this week. Yes, I said this week.

I know I am retaining water like crazy, and that I am as of today not premenstrual, but 7 pounds!?!?!

We are remodeling the kitchen, so there is no sink. I have a fridge and a stove so if I cook I have to walk all the way to the other end of the house to get water. And to wash dishes. So, we are doing a lot of eating out lately, or food to go. I have also been working really hard in our yard on a project, so I figured I would be losing weight with all of the work and the sweating, but no! Not me! Because husband was so helpful and brought me home two boxes of Breyers ice cream. That Cherry Chocolate Chunk or whatever it is is to die for! And of course, sliced cheese on crackers makes a really quick meal...

The sink is being installed and the dishwasher hooked up tomorrow. This week, it's back to grilled lean meats, and edemame beans for snacks! It's ok, I like that stuff. And I hate not being in control of the scale!

klmno

As you probably already know, my guess is it's the combination of eating out and the ice cream. Which, by the way, is my and difficult child's favorite flavor- and yes, it is to die for- we both LOVE it!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Fast food doesn't help, but it's probably a lot of water gain. I know I've put on a few in the last week or so because...well, I had no food in the house so was eating fast food a lot. And, I hadn't had Taco John's in years, which I dearly love. Umm...don't think I've missed a day yet. :surprise:

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sure it's the eating out and retaining water. Hopefully it will come right back off. I remember a few years back where I gained 6 pounds in a week-I was not happy!

nvts

And I hate not being in control of the scale!

Close your eyes. Clear your mind. Breathe deeply, slowly inhaling and exhaling. Let the peace envelope your inner being. Now...

pitch the bloody scale out the bathroom window.

You are now officially in control of the scale!

Relax - take out and order in is LOADED with salt! It's probably mostly water with a "shmear" of Ice Cream. Drink a lot of iced tea (no sugar) and you'll drop the extra water weight!

Congrats on the new kitchen!

Beth

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I also gained back a few pounds this month, between my mom staying with me and then easy child being home this past week. She brought an amazingly delightful coconut dulce de leche 3 layer cake with her that she baked in the kitchen where she works! I ate 5 slices - couldn't help myself, it was too good not to eat. I even had it for breakfast. And then yesterday I made a GIANT nectarine blueberry red raspberry pie for H. At least I'm still not eating meat.

Anyway, yeah, eating on the fly, squeezing in small [not the healthiest] meals to avoid eating out again, not getting the right balance in your diet will definitely add up to pounds gained. I too am trying to get back on track starting today, as easy child left last night. You will shake it off!!

trinityroyal

Witz,

Beth said very much what I was going to say. 7 pounds sounds like a lot, but between the lack of a sink, the salt content in the takeout (and cheese, and crackers), and sweating a lot from the work you've been doing, you are no doubt retaining a LOT of water.

I have gained more than 10 pounds of water weight before. Once things got back to a normal routine, they fell right back off.

Hopefully, once your sink is installed and you can get back to your normal routine, the extra pounds will just melt away.

Trinity