Silly Ne,,,Just a "dumb" post...no trauma

DDD

It's been almost ten years since easy child/difficult child went to rehab. He was diagnosis'd as an alcoholic at thirteen or fourteen. When he was drunk last week he said "maybe I need to go to rehab?" Sadly, of course, I didn't and don't put any credance into that statement. But, just for the heck of it I looked at Fl. residential facilities and this one (very nice) program had on the Internet "often treatment is fully paid for by insurance". Hmmmmm. Yes he has BC/BS still available. Hmmmm..."maybe" I thought this group has sizable endowments??

I called. Without skipping a beat the lady said "of course it depends on what policy you have". When I told her she laughed. Then she said "they only pay $2500" and our thirty day program costs $21,000 so you would have to pay the difference up front for him to be admitted." Yeah, right. What insurance company in the world pays $ 21,000 for a month's treatment???? I doubt Bill Gates or Ruperd Murdock has such a policy. Crazy.

I just can't believe the advertisement said that. It isn't upsetting because I don't think he will ever be ready for a program anyway. How silly of me! DDD

DammitJanet

Bill Gates doesnt need that insurance policy, he just pulls out his check book.

It is absurd how much these programs cost.

DDD

Geez, I guess the ad triggers alot of calls and maybe a decent percentage of the people are able to mortgage their homes or whatever. It just seemed so deceptive. DDD

DDD

I imagine that there is a step down program that follows the initial thirty day program. Probably that is cheaper..maybe just $18,00 for the next month. DDD

DDD

That's their standard program which, of course, has a catchy name. She added in the conversation that their xxx program is "considerably more" because each client has a counselor assigned to them. Wow!
I would assume that would cost more. Didn't know any facility had that to offer. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
A million dollar a day place would only have a success rate of 1% if the client was a willing participant...ANyone claiming to have a "success rate" is full of beans.

I sent you a PM.