Simple things that make you smile

Abbey

Spork Queen
I love small things that make me smile. It's hot here today, but I took my 3 parrots out back in their cages and turned on an old-schooled sprinkler. They are having the time of their lives. They're singing, drenched to the bone and eagerly await the sprinkler to come their way. When it starts to come to them they all say, "Whoo Hoo! Birdies get bath!" They're all fluffed up like birds do when they bathe, swinging on their swings just singing their lungs out.

(I'm sure my neighbors love me. Not.)

Abbey

F

flutterbee

LOL Abbey! I'd love to see that!

My babies (my pets) bring me so much enjoyment.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
What fun Abbey. I love watching the birds at my feeders, especially the baby cardinals.

Watching my iris's bloom ~ it's the first flower in my yard that blooms each year.

And of course, our albino squirrel Snowball. He seems to have adopted our yard. It's always good to see him scampering about.

tinamarie1

it makes me smile to see an elderly couple holding hands or if he has his arm around her. husband says they are holding each other up. lol i still think its the sweetest thing.

4sumrzn

Oh my.....love the birds until I'm in the same room with them! LOL. So, outside is cool. Takes a special bond with the feathered friends (meaning, obviously.. I'm not good at it). But, I'm glad they enjoyed their bathies today & hope the neighbors didn't have to grab the earplugs!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I would have LOVED to have been one of your neighbors to see that! My mom had a parakeet and he loved taking baths. Mom would put water on a plate with a bit of a lip to it and Gomey would just have at it.

I even laughed at a bird (robin maybe?) taking one in a puddle outside my house.

Tiapet

Old Hand
You know Abbey, I have never been one for birds at all. I think that's because many years ago an ex boyfriend had a cockatoo that was mean and flew at me one time and bit me. But reading what you just wrote was very enjoyable to read and picture. Educating to. I did not know birds took baths. I mean out in the wild I knew they did but I did not realize birds in captivity did?!

Sounds really cute to have seen. Thanks for sharing. :)

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey, were you giving your neighbors the bird?......

Ha! No...they have been very tolerate.

It was just fun seeing them having so much fun. I hate to see them caged, hence my house of many towers, etc. I take them in the shower regularly, but outside in the sun...they were in heaven.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
My guinea pigs are my easy child boys, LOL

They love and need me, and even though they eat their poop, they give the sweetest kisses!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
When husband and I went out to eat for Mother's Day there was a very elderly couple with their son that we followed inside. The elderly gentleman was holding his wife's hand and even held the door open for her. As luck would have it we sat near them in the restaurant. Watching them be so loving and affection to each other when they've obviously been together for so long touched my heart.

Abbey, I'd have loved to see your birds do that. lol I bet it was a riot!

Star*

call 911........call 911
That makes me smile to think of them sitting there anticipating the water spray....

My huge bulldog will chase the sts sts sts sts sts sts of the sprinkler around and then run back to the point of origin of the water, then LEAP in the air - or get a mouthfull of water and start chasing he sts sts sts sts sts sts sound again. He's so brave!

Abbey

Spork Queen
When husband and I went out to eat for Mother's Day there was a very elderly couple with their son that we followed inside. The elderly gentleman was holding his wife's hand and even held the door open for her. As luck would have it we sat near them in the restaurant. Watching them be so loving and affection to each other when they've obviously been together for so long touched my heart.

I SOOOO love to see that. It's your life partner.

Abbey

Genny

Worlds Best Nana
Your parrots sound like a riot. A small thing that made me smile this morning? I saw a fellow commuter on my way in, drying his hair with the heater in his car (with the fan on hi). I've seen him once before, and it cracked me up again. The first time I saw him drying while driving I thought it was a woman (long hair), but from the front he looks to be an aging biker. He starts by using his fingers to fan the hair out in front of the air vent. Then when he hits a stoplight, he'll turn his head to dry the left side, and break out the brush. He brushes his hair, pulling it away from his head while leaning towards the vent. With all that long hair whipping around you'd think it's Fabio in that beat-up Toyota sedan - till you pull past him and sneak a glance, anyway :rofl:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Your parrots sound like a riot. A small thing that made me smile this morning? I saw a fellow commuter on my way in, drying his hair with the heater in his car (with the fan on hi). I've seen him once before, and it cracked me up again. The first time I saw him drying while driving I thought it was a woman (long hair), but from the front he looks to be an aging biker. He starts by using his fingers to fan the hair out in front of the air vent. Then when he hits a stoplight, he'll turn his head to dry the left side, and break out the brush. He brushes his hair, pulling it away from his head while leaning towards the vent. With all that long hair whipping around you'd think it's Fabio in that beat-up Toyota sedan - till you pull past him and sneak a glance, anyway :rofl:

That is too darn funny. We only think women think about their hair.

Abbey