So much for a day off

Abbey

Spork Queen
(Random Deb post)

I have ONE day off in 10 days. Today. I thought it would be nice to actually sleep in a bit. No...neighbor is tearing up his driveway. There is a huge construction crew with the loudest machinery imaginable. Great.

Toss in my HUGELY swollen legs. There is no definition from my knees to my toes. I can't even flex my toes. I go in (on my day off) to meet with the human resources person about this and the carpal tunnel. No rings, hence Aussie boy, but I informed my supervisor yesterday. Maybe if I showed him my legs he would run screaming. (Well, I'd take screaming in a lovely accent.) If I find a pin, I might pop them and see what comes out. Sporks don't work so well.

husband and I get in a huge argument last night. That's always a good thing when you just finish a 10 hour shift. He thinks I'm not helping around the house enough. Hmmm...let's get a check sheet going.

I spent $60 on groceries. BAD ABBEY. It was a flipping nickel sale. Buy one, get the second for a nickel. It was good stuff, too!

I tried to mow our yard but father in law stopped me and said that was a man's job. Well, talk to your son.

Why didn't you clean up after the birds? Well...let's see. After two times in the morning before I went to work for 10 hours, I also had to clean your dishes you throw in the sink and let sit in stinking cold water all day and your coffee mess. Then there is the randomly left clothes all over the house. How about the bathroom which I have never used since I moved in that you want cleaned? You use it. You clean it. Oh, and there are the 3 loads of laundry that I did last night that I had to run back and forth more times than I can count to your parent's house because you can't figure out how to get our FREE washer and dryer to our house.

We're having this 'conversation' while I'm making dinner after work, then proceed to make dinner for tonight so I can just pop in the crock pot and enjoy my day off.

Naw.

I'm up half the night because of my arm and legs, then wake to construction. Ugh.

Granny pants guy is flying in today. I have to drive to Milwaukee to pick him up. Driving has become a huge fear for me. I take the bus nearly every day. I just don't like unfamiliar places, especially ones that are 6 lanes wide.

I just fed my birds a hot dog and they loved it. They're screaming for more.

I still have no bed or a couch, which is with the washer and dryer.

Star didn't answer my call. (Gee...wonder why. ;)) She gets Random Deb all the time. Sorry, sweetie. You'll get over it.

I still don't know my zip code. Ahhh...found it on one of my many post-it notes hanging from my desk.

My hair is frizzy. I mean REALLY frizzy. I'm not used to the humidity.

Ok. I'm done. Sigh. I apologize if you've made it this far. Going to see HR lady...might pop by the deli at this point.;)

Abbey

trinityroyal

Awww Abbey,
I'd feel like running around and causing some spork-fuelled mayhem after the day you've had.

Hope the HR lady can sort things out for you. With all that swelling, can you substitute a sweet treat for something from the deli? I'd be worried about the additional salt intake.

Maybe father in law can sort out the bed-and-washer-and-dryer for you? That sounds like "man's work" to me. And at least you'll have a bed when you feel like crawling under the covers.

Sorry for your no good very bad terrible awful day.
Trinity

DammitJanet

Good lord! Dont spork your legs...Spork husband!

You have been up there far long enough for him to get those things from his parents.

Hope HR can figure something out.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Abbey Dabby -

The cell phone is broken and I will NOT NOT NOT (thinking of that goose in Charlottes web) allow DF to go get another one! PERIOD! HE was the one that got this stinking "wonderful RAZOR" in the first place - MOST annoying phone in the entire world. BAR NONE. And Hon - I am gone from 7:45 Am - 10:30 PM every night.....fell asleep on the sofa last night with a spork in my mouth (knew you'd be proud). Last week I had nearly 80 hours in between jobs.

Okay now to help you with the sofa king problem. (Say that 3 times fast):tongue:. Call up Home Depot or Lowes and rent one of their trucks for $19.99 for a few hours. Go to the Goodwill - ask them for help to load stuff. Drive home and ask your father in law for some help to unload it. You can either get someone to drop you off and follow you back or borrow their car and drive it home after you return the truck. U haul also rents small trucks by the hour. Most want a credit card for insurance purposes - but will take a debit card or cash and hold your license while you use the truck.

GO GET YOUR FRICKING stuff......

As far as the lawn? It's YOUR lawn if YOU want to mow it tell your father in law that you ENJOY it - and that you've made a deal with his son that HE will dig out the cars in the SNOW - while YOU mow the yard in the Spring and Summer - I told you - they just do not want to "sit".....

Your legs are swollen? Both or one?Only one side swelling is an indicator of fibroid tumors of the uterus (Just went through this remember - can't afford hyst.?) or a clot of some kind - can't remember. DVT usually affects both sides....and There is NO real answer for WHY our legs feet and ankles swell - the cells just retain water. I found some fanstatically UGLY New Balance shoes at our Salvation Army (new-lucky me) but they are designed for aerobic work out . Since wearing them with the really thick soles? I have not had as many problems or had to take the water pills. The OTC water pills are A JOKE - do not waste your money. You could try Midol....if you have to buy one it's the best according to our pharmacist. And it "could" make you "happy" during certain phases of the moon.

GPG - should catch a shuttle bus......really - Let me come to visit - OH you need to drive 200 miles to fetch me? Naw....you take the shuttle.....I know - I know....

And as far as cleaning up after the birds? GET OVER IT - BIRDS ARE MESSY. ACK.

In response to CLEAN THE HOUSE YOU WOMAN - yeah - whatever pft....grab a rag dad - do it yaown sef.

Lastly - 1/2 of every dime you earn should be going WHERE????? :ashamed:
-LISTEN TO SUSI ORMOND......ommmmmmmmmmk?

Miss Ya:alien:

and I'm a skucker for an Irish Brogue====just sends me. But the N. Dakota accent got a ring on my finger. lol :laugh:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Wow, was yesterday argue with husband day, or what?

Hugs. Hope you get to enjoy something about your day off. Maybe Aussie boy wants to meet for lunch.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh darn it all..just typed this long response and it blipped from my screen. Maybe that it a saviour to you guys.

STAR - get a flipping phone. I just down graded and still can't figure it out, but it works. Stop being so stubborn. :) (Love you, dear.)

Just got back from HR lady. They are going to try to move me to another position where there is more motion, ie...find another job. Geez. (read the small print here.)

Left leg is REALLY swollen, right not as bad. Arm...just in pain and numb and I can tolerate that. I just wanted to get this down in legal terms in case I need to file workman's comp.

Off to pick up GPG. Wish me luck on the driving. I thought about asking him to take the bus, but people just don't do that around here. You help out. Yikes.

by the way...I did buy one hard roll from Aussie boy today. :tongue:

Abbey

KTMom91

Abbey...hope you enjoyed that hard roll from Aussie boy!

If there's room, I'll go to the corner now...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Didja get a tasty sausage to stuff in that roll?

(I know, bad, bad, BAD... skulking off to a corner in the chicken coop...)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lordy, ain't it one of those days you wanna just stay in bed.

(((Abbey))) I agree. husband could use a good sporking.

Mine on the other hand is acting weird. He's washed dishes every night this week. Makes me wonder what he's done. hmmmmm Love waiting for the other shoe to drop. But gonna enjoy not washing dishes while it last. lol

Hope you find relief from the swelling. I'm holding water so bad I gained 5 lbs in a single day. Wonderful. All right in the darn abdomen. Haven't done a thing to trigger it either. ugh Lasix isn't doing much to help. fun.......not. If it keeps it up tomorrow I won't be able to fit into pants for school. sheesh

Put your feet up and go on strike the rest of the day.

(((hugs)))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, I DID eat the hard roll and it was just bakery. No sausage. You guys are bad.

Got GPG guy here who is sleeping on my floor. He looked at my legs as I had shorts on while driving in hell and said, "What the f did you do?" Ummm ...I worked.

I'm going to bed for at least a few hours.

Abbey

Andy

The one and only time my husband complained that something wasn't done, he got, "Well, I was not the only one who did not do it." Haven't heard a word since!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Fortunately today I only have a 4 hour shift. YEAH!! Stayed up until midnight shooting the breeze with GPG...it's good to see a familiar face. Now up at my usual 3am.

In laws 'dropped in' for dinner last night. Good thing I had a crock pot of spaghetti going on. They're always so nice, though. mother in law brought a nice salad and a bunch of stuff from their garden. They claim they just wanted to meet GPG. Hmmmm....and you bring a salad? That's an unusual welcome gift. mother in law was over earlier in the day and smelled it cooking. She had a plan.

I see husband has the yellow pages open to movers. Maybe he's actually going to PAY for someone to move the washer and dryer. I'll believe it when I see it.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
of seuzyres and was tabig burly paramedics, I eas held over a second night to be suere my muscles weree not damagedl I didn't sleep at all, so I am going t noe.

Love to all of you.

TerryJ2

Ohhhh, Abbey ...
I am so sorry about your legs. I LOVE Janet's spork idea, LOL!
Gosh, you're way nicer than I am about household duties. Yrs ago, when my husband kept leaving his clothes all over and wanted to me wash and iron his shirts, and I thought he should take his shirts to the cleaners, since we were both working full time, I took a huge armful of dirty laundry, shirts incl., and dumped as much as I could into his pristine sports car (at that time, an RX7). He never said a word about it. :)
But he took his shirts to the cleaners after that.
Actions speak louder than words.
I've never thought to feed birds pieces of hot dog b4 ...
Sorry about your hair. The cold weather coming up will get rid of the humidity and then you'll have stick-straight hair.
I hope tomorrow is better.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG
I erased what I had to say. OMG is till okay cause the G is for Gosh.

Last edited: