Site issues

F

flutterbee

Anyone else noticing this?

For the last two days, the site has been really, really slow. In fact, it's still loading this page and I stopped to talk to easy child before I started to type. It keeps saying 'Waiting for http://www.conductdisorders.com and 'Transferring data from http://www.conductdisorders.com Sometimes it loads the page in an odd format - looks like what you'd expect to see in Safe Mode. Sometimes when it won't load the page at all, and I hit Stop then Back...which doesn't always work either.

I'm on a brand new computer - been up since Jan 2, so I don't think that's the issue. I'm not having issues with any other websites.

Just thought I'd mention it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I HAVE noticed that too! And you're right, it's only on this site, as no other sites I visit regularly are giving me any troubles. And it's on my work as well as my home computer.

Up until you mentioned it, I thought perhaps the site was just having some maintenance done on it and it would eventually get back to normal.

F

flutterbee

Just thought I should add: I have a broadband connection.

It took this page 2 full minutes to load.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Same here - thought it was just my home computer being slow, but work is taking a while to load (but not two minutes)

Marcie

meowbunny

It's been slow off and on. Usually hitting stop and then refresh seems to get me where I want but, as you said, not always.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
It's been slow off and on. Usually hitting stop and then refresh seems to get me where I want but, as you said, not always.

Yes, that's what I do too! I have Cable at home and a T3 line at work, so I should be good to go.

Lothlorien

Cheryl has been working on it. There have been some intermittent problems. I will let her know to take a peek on this thread to see the problems that you are describing. Thanks.

Nancy

I have noticed a problem, but I'm also having issues with other sites. Some site won't load and some take forever. I even shut down AOL and went through IE but the same thing happened. I was beginning to think it was my DSL carrier trying to sell me a faster speed since my contract is up soon.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well, after the page timing out twice....I could finally get to the reply page. Does that answer your question?

And I have dsl, and a new computer.

It's not everytime. More hit and miss. It can be during the day, but not in the evening, or somedays it's the opposite. Sometimes going to another site and then coming back helps. I've tried the stop/refresh method. Sometimes that works, but not often. Sometimes it's so slow I just give up and come back later.

I have this problem with only one other site. My college site, which they have so much traffic that it's normal. Makes me wonder how students who don't have dsl manage. :smirk:

F

flutterbee

It seems to be working wonderfully now. Thank you, Cheryl!

Several times today I couldn't get into the site at all.

witzend

Lots of slowness of this type intermittently for the past several weeks. I thought it was husband taking up bandwidth with his online game, but he always insists that his game is running just fine.