Site issues

wakeupcall

I'm not having any problems at all. Seems to be running fine...and today it even seems faster than normal. Thanks for working on it!!

Kathy813

Staff member
My school laptop has remained very slow as I try to go from forum to forum. It works well at home though.

It's odd because if it was the school server it seems like all websites should be slow but the CD board is the only one.

~Kathy

F

flutterbee

It's not slow like it was, but a couple of times a page wouldn't load and I had to hit stop and click the link again. Actually, though, this page is still loading as I type.

busywend

Me, too, Heather. I spoke to Cheryl about it. I am hoping she can see what the problem might be at the moment it is happening.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I figured it was my computer - and that I was being a tad GFGish about it -

Today it has loaded fine.

The past week it's taken forever for it to load (forever being 1 1/2 - 2 minutes) lol

Thanks for fixing whatever -

Could it be all the Avatars?

F

flutterbee

comes and goes. Much, much better than it was when I started this thread. Still have to convince it sometimes that I really do want to go to a certain page. :wink: But I get there.

TerryJ2

FYI, Cheryl,
it initially loads fine, but is slow when I click on entries, or try to send a response. Some days are better than others and today is a slow day.
Thanks for all your work!

R

runawaybunny

I've been removing scripts from the forum one by one to see which one has been causing the load time issues and unfortunately we've gotten all the way down to the forum software without eliminating the page load issues. I'm going to run a few more tests but at this point it looks like we may soon be switching over to different forum software.

I'll keep you posted.

The problem I usually have is when I am typing a post, I can type up to a full sentence and it will not show up. I have to stop typing and wait, sometimes up to a minute. Then the words come up one letter at a time as though they were being typed. That only happens here.

EDIT: Oh yeah. And sometimes, I hit the submit button, and it takes a couple minutes. I get to watch the hourglass though.

trinityroyal

The site has been fine for me, and I connect from different locations at different times. The only time that I find site performance is degraded is when FireFox has the "bandwidth bug", which eats up 100% of my CPU performance.

A few weeks ago, the site was intermittently slow, so the problem seems to be getting better.

Trinity