Snow and comfort food

Mattsmom277

Was feeling kinda blah (and aching like nobodies business) this morning. Now there are the fattest fluffiest white flakes lazily drifting past my windows and I can see it building up on the grass through the window, on the fence posts. Its so pretty after our dreary dark weather!!!

Sooo ... it felt like comfort food day! easy child, S/O and I are all in our pj's for the day. I'm sipping a cup of hot tea waiting for homemade pizza's to finish cooking in the oven. The house smells good!! Made a simple pizza for the kids, for S/O and I : whole wheat crust (well half and half white), parmesan, asiago and feta cheese, sundried tomatoes, portebello mushrooms, red onions, red/green/yellow peppers, topped with mozarella and a bit of aged cheddar. I'm drooling!

While my dough was rising I baked cinammon rolls , can't eat them myself but everyone else will enjoy.

We are going to eat at the table while playing Monopoly.

Anyone else have a certain type of comfort food?Anyone else having one of these kinda days?

trinityroyal

Shepherd's pie. On clod snowy days like that, I like to make a Shepherd's Pie and sit by the fireplace while it cooks.

Gosh, you're getting snow already? It's chilly in my neck of the woods, but we don't have anything close to snow yet...guess it's that southern lake effect keeping things mild for us for a while longer.

Bundle up and enjoy your pizza.

Trinity

H

HaoZi

Hot chocolate (with a bit of irish cream tossed in, lol). Tomato basil soup. Pasta with any sauce I like (bad me).

Mattsmom277

MMMmm, shepards pie is a house favorite .... and pasta is good, my easy child is a pasta addict who I have to keep my eye on or she'd eat it every day lol

Yup, snowing for several hours now and there is a thick blanket of white. It is fairly mild though so that is good

katya02

Solace
Shepherd's pie; pot roast; slow-cooker stew. Yum! I love this time of year, when a fire in the fireplace/woodstove heats the house and I get the urge to bake bread and make stew.
We don't have snow but everything is white with frost in the mornings and most of the leaves are down.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beef stew made in the crock pot. Yum!!! Hits the spot on that sort of day like nothing else. Homemade pizza does too.........only I've never had much luck with the dough. lol

crazymama30

I am going to try making tamales next weekend, I have the meet filling made and now I have to do the rest. Very time consuming, but worth it I hope. On cold days, I love grilled cheese and tomato soup, bean soup, and stroganoffs!

klmno

I love lobster bisque on days like that but don't have a recipe to make it homemade. I make chili or sausage balls and fondue or use leftovers from the holidays to make huge turkey sandwiches for lazy days - some of my best memories with difficult child are eating foods like that while playing a game or watching a movie together.

A huge pot of MASHED POTATOS. I could just sit there and eat from the pot. Chicken pot pie is also a wonderful comfort food for our house. Yummy! Oh, and chocolate pudding, while it is still warm, with whipped cream on it!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Homemade chicken noodle soup... Beans and cornbread... Beef stew or gumbo. OK, I like soupy stuff. Occasionally chile, but I could eat that anytime!

klmno

LOL! I was just thinking about it, too, although I already have my meals planned for this week. I'll have to look up a recipe and make some because I love it and haven't had it in ages.

scent of cedar

I miss the snow! Read through all your ideas and mentioned this thread to husband later that night.

We decided pork roasted with carrots and potatoes was our favorite cold weather food. :eek:)

Corn muffins or fresh white bread, too.

Lots of butter.

I'm salivating.

Barbara