So Frustrating When.......

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You're a computer addict and you wake up in the morning to find your computer that is only 2 yrs old is deader than a doornail.:mad: Worse yet when it's the motherboard and fixing it cost about the same as buying a new one.

So.........I'm sitting here on a sparkling new computer. Again. :faint:

I knew the other one was going. It had been on crutches for the past 6 months. Thank God for student loan refunds or I'd be out of luck......and my family would have a stark raving lunatic on their hands. I'm not quite sure they fully realize how my computer helps me to cope with living with difficult children.

But maybe they do. We went right out computer shopping, store to store, town to town. husband kept telling me he could order one blah blah blah. No. I need it today. Now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. And most certainly not in 2 weeks.

Nor could it be just any computer either. It had to be compatible with the RAM and video card I'd bought for the last one. I'd paid alot of money for those, be darned if they weren't going into the new computer. Which of course made the shopping harder because now days they don't seem to put all the operating info and features of the computers onto the box like they used to.:faint:

So now, I'm good to go. It feels weird to be on a computer that isn't roaring in my ears. It's almost too quiet. lol Got my Avast antivirus on this one right away........all I that is left to do is to transfer the data from the old hard drive to the new one when Travis gets home from work.

The monitor screen on this one is HUGE, almost blinding. :rofl: Ought to make playing my games fun.

I'd hoped to hold off on buying one until next quarter. But evidently this streak of bad things going on decided otherwise.

The old computer never did run right to begin with. Never get a computer when they're switching over operating systems. It wasn't supposed to make a difference, but let's just say I had nothing but issues with the old computer from the time I brought it home.

This one had better last more than 2 yrs.

everywoman

I'm so glad that they didn't have to lock you up somewhere and that you found the right computer. I fought husband so hard about getting a laptop for years. I liked my old desktop. husband bought me one for Christmas. I think he often questions his decision. I am on it constantly when I am home.

busywend

Congrats! One word of caution on the big screen. Make sure it is not too bright. I had months of headaches, dizziness and blurry vision due to my new wide-screen, flat-screen beautiful monitor at work. Someone commented on the brightness and I turned it down - what a difference!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah on the new computer! I would be going through some serious withdrawal if I didn't have a computer.

B

bran155

Coffee, cigarettes and the computer! Not proud of the cigarette addiction but I can't live without any of those things!!!

Congrats on the new one. I hope it lasts a while with no problems. :)