So glad the day is over

Wiped Out

Staff member
What a day! difficult child was a major PITA getting ready this morning. Seriously, I don't know how we deal with this each morning. After finally getting him ready, I'm ready for bed again. We try to make his morning routine and as easy as possible. Doesn't matter because he wants to make it more difficult-at least it feels that way. Every morning there is complaints about getting dressed, eating, taking his medications, getting on his shoes, can he have $; I could go on and on!

Then this afternoon he had his physical. I went along because he had another appointment after but husband went in with him. husband said it was horrible because while they waited in the office difficult child kept leaving the room, playing with things in the office he shouldn't touch, etc...

Next we went to his first therapy appointment to help him be more accepting of his cpap mask, he has been refusing to use it and he really needs it. In between the two dr. appts we bought a McFlurry for him (he also had almonds at the dr's office).

When we got to the hospital we had to walk past a gift shop and right away difficult child started in on how he was hungry and needed candy. We told him when we got him the McFlurry there would be no more snacks bought. He put up a huge fit and at one time pushed me hard. Of course, that put him at stop the world. He also swore at me and spit in my face.

He slept through almost his entire appointment which was good because we had to go over a lot of history.

Then easy child started something with him because he was putting his hand in the dog's water dish. She pushed him and she so knows not to do that. He threw husband's keys at her but missed, although he temporarily broke the automatic entry (not sure if that's the right term).

He then really wanted to go after her, kept flipping her off, took a butter knife out to threaten her. It took husband and me to get him out of the room.

As you can tell, I'm really relieved the day is over, it was my last official day of break and I didn't even get the nap I was planning!

Thanks to listening to my whine, this is one of those days when I want to just walk away.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Wow, that IS an exhausting day! You need a good glass of wine, a warm bath, and then nighty-night.

Do you think any of his medications need adjusting? He just sounds so impulsive and anxious and angry right now. I'm not familiar with some of the stuff he's on -- but if my difficult child 2 were that way, I'd be calling the psychiatrist and we'd probably be upping his Seroquel XR by now.

LittleDudesMom

Oh Sharon,

What a way to end a relaxing summer! Sorry difficult child was such a pita today. I hear Saturday is good for naps too....

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Gvcmom-The wine and warm bath would have been nice! It's possible his medications could need adjusting but we just had his psychiatrist appointment last week and decided to stay at the current dose until school starts-right now he is very close to the highest dose on most of his medications so we don't have a lot of wiggle room. Plus, once he gets to much higher on the Loxapine (his AP) he starts slurring words more and sleeping more.

Sharon-Thank goodness for naps on Saturdays and Sundays!:)

Christy-You're right, work might be a break.

maril

Bad mornings can set the tone for the rest of the day. :faint: Sorry to hear it was such a difficult day.

I hope you get a chance to get some rest this weekend. A restful nap can much such a difference.

Maybe I missed it, but how did the CPAP mask therapy go? husband resists using his machine regularly because of discomfort with the mask but has a prescription for a new/different mask; pushing him to go for it. Both my brother and brother in law have encouraged my husband to keep trying; claim the treatment has made such a huge difference in their lives. There is hope in that. :D

Good luck!