So how am I really going to know....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
At piano lessons this afternoon, my instructor confided in me that she is now taking medications for being so obsessive. :crazy:

Really???? Would that be the reason I am struggling to get this one piece of music down? Is it really my timing or is it your obsession? Hmmmmmm? :confused:

I wonder if I'll ever get past this sonatina? :smile:

tiredmommy

Linda,
I understand musical obsession. Duckie is currently in possession of a good case of it. She's learning piano but can't truly read music yet, though she's beginning to learn and recognize pieces of it. She picked out the tune to "Ode to Joy" by ear recently and decided that, 25 minutes before bedtime, I needed to write it out in a form she can understand today. So I made the bars, wrote the letter notes, with the type of notes above (quarter, half, etc) and then the number of "counts" that note gets on top. Have you ever tried to explain how long "one half a count" is to a six year old? :rofl: :hammer: :slap:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it really my timing or is it your obsession? </div></div>

Or maybe you are obsessed with your timing? :rofl:

XXX

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It could be that we're both obsessed & are feeding into each other's obsessions. :hypnosis:

I believe it may be why we get along so well.

by the way, I got my "report card" - all my marks were outstanding - except, of course, my timing. :crazy:

And my parents were NOT called in for a conference. :bravo: :smile:

Martie

Ex-difficult child had this problem early on. Do you have a metronome? It "cured" him quickly and a metronome doesn't argue which is good for a difficult child, but not necessary for you. :rofl:

Good luck, :bravo:

Martie

P.S.

I'm quite sure ex-difficult child's first piano teacher was diagnosable for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). :rolleyes: They got along soooooo well. Ex-difficult child isn't diagnosis'able, but he has plenty of traits. :smile: