So I was fingerprinted today and...

tiredmommy

I've passed the background check to become a substitute teacher aide with the school district. :D I'll be on the sub list within a few weeks at the latest.

Plus, I've been inspired by Abbey and have taken a seasonal job as the sample lady at the local Hickory Farms. I start Monday.

Care for some Summer Sausage? :rofl:

susiestar

Roll With It
OOOhhhhh_ Isn't it wierd to be fingerprinted and background checked? I had to be for a job at a bank some years ago. Was just a strange experience.

YUM!!! I LOVE the Hickory Farms Samples! Do you get a discount too? That would be a yummy job! The Cheese balls, the sausage logs, the minty melty thingys, yummmmmmm!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Great, TM!! You'll love doing demos. Give them some fling.

Funny thing today. An older gentleman who comes in regularly comes up to my cheese stand. I say, "Hey! How are you today?" His reply..."I'm breathing."

So I walk outside of my station with hands on hips and said, "Have you checked the obituaries today? You're sure your name isn't in it? You seem kind of slow." He chuckles and takes a 3rd round of samples.

He comes back about 10 minutes later with a newspaper opened to the obituarites. "Nope...I don't recognize my name here."

"Do you know your name?"

"I think so."

"You're all good then. See you tomorrow."

I love this job.

Abbey

tiredmommy

The background check was fine; I just didn't give them my real name. Joking!!! The fingerprinting turned out to be fun because a dear friend of mine was also being processed at the same time. It was quite pleasant. :)

Another friend is the assistant manager at the store and she hired me. She said she was looking for someone who could keep a smile on her face no matter what. But she still wanted me, lol! :rofl: (She said people will take the sample just to shut me up. ;))

Plus, I do get a discount. Yum!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We had to do fingerprinting and background checks for school. (phlebotomy and I'll have to do it again for RN and or paramedic) What surprised me was how many law abiding citizens this made horribly nervous. lol

Congrats on the new job. :D

susiestar

Roll With It
Way To Go on the job and discount!

Lisa, it is REALLY funny to have the Policeman doing the fingerprinting and taking the paperwork for the background checks making somments about people looking like criminals or bank robbers! That REALLY made some people nervous. It was while I was dealing iwth the whole "State gave some guy my social security # for a drivers licence # and then deleted ALL records of me on my 30th birthday" so I WAS one of those nervous people! I had already been to court several times to straighten everything out and I still never knew what would show up. And I couldn'tIMAGINE how to explain it to a new employer!

ROFL now, but not THEN!

Again, congrats on the job - it will be fun.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Congrats TM! husband and I both have had to be finger printed, once for our job as teachers and once before we adopted difficult child. It must not have been too traumatic because I have no memory of either time!

Abbey-Your story of the guy and the obituary had me rofl!

Lothlorien

Great about the subbing job! Guess everyone in the family will be getting Hickory Farms Sampler packs for the holidays, huh? I love Hickory Farms. I worked at Record World in the mall when I was 16. Hickory Farms had the next store. We went there for break all the time. They sold all natural sodas and chips and stuff. They don't sell that stuff anymore.

KTMom91

I love that stuff! Cheese balls, beef stick...and do they still have the soup mixes? Those were so good. And the cute little pink, green, and yellow mints. Yum.

Congrats on passing the fingerprinting! I've been fingerprinted so many times, and no, I do not have a criminal record! Once for my sub credential, once for my regular credential, again for each district I've worked in (three total), for the IRS, and I managed to avoid it when I started working in children's ministries, because my prints were already on file with the State of CA.

Jena

Hey,

Good for you! Holiday work is great! I'll be selling jewelry, you'll be selling sausage.........very cool!!!!!!!

My last position in courts I had to do fingerprints, back ground checks, all fbi "ish" type of stuff. I kinda was liking that! I had cool i.d. which i kept when i left my position there. So, it hangs in my car