So, so peaceful...

KTMom91

Miss KT had yet another meltdown yesterday evening, and ran off to my mother's house. I was so sick of hearing her whining I didn't even try to stop her. Hubby and I had a nice evening, we slept well, got up and headed out for work this morning. I was ready for battle when I got home this afternoon...but...Miss KT's father is in town, and she is staying with him tonight! No walking on eggshells, no fighting, no one taking offense, just peacefulness tonight. I feel like I've been given a present, and then I wonder at my feeling of surprise. I guess fighting, arguing, and general bs have become such a part of our daily lives that having peace in the house makes me want to dance.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Mary,

husband & I have felt this "relief" of intense emotions every time kt &/or wm headed out to respite for the weekend. At first we felt the guilt - then we learned to just relax, recoup & just enjoy the lack of intensity.

It's taken several consecutive scheduled respite weekends before all we did was crash & sleep the entire weekend when the tweedles were both here; then we it was just kt, that process started over again.

It's only been the last couple of respite weekends that husband or myself were able to "do" anything but sleep or veg out in front of the television. It proves how much that level of intense emotion plays havoc with our physical sense of well being.

Enjoy those times of quiet - heck, I'd stop fighting everytime your Miss KT heads over to grandmas. Look at it as a time for quiet & relaxation.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I can relate to how you are feeling. When we get four hours of respite it is amazing how peaceful it is. The change in intensity is amazing and much needed. Enjoy and I hope you get more respite like this.

meowbunny

Enjoy your quiet time. Use it well, savor it. Glad you're getting some. Breaks from our teens is so needed! (Hmm -- could those overnight school trips be for the parents rather than the kids?)

mstang67chic

Going Green
As long as they are safe and sound, I think anytime they are out of the house is a good break time. My difficult child was in our little local juvenile facility 2 or 3 times. The first time I felt torn because while I was worried about him, I enjoyed the peace and felt guilty about it. Then I realized that I knew where he was, he was being taken care of (this place was truly the kindergarted of juvie facilities) and while husband and I visited, it was a quiet and relatively stress free week or so. The next time(s) he was there I just enjoyed it. Most people couldn't understand why I was so relaxed but a few wise friends simply told me to enjoy my break.