Some ideas please

mstang67chic

Going Green
As some of you may or may not know, I review books for an online review site. We're talking about doing reviewer spotlights which, as of right now, will basically be an interview with each of our reviewers. I'm putting it together and would like to have a good mix of serious questions (favorite book/author, etc.) and humorous. I want to give our readers a glimpse into the reviewers that is entertaining and informative without giving them our life stories and/or personal information.

So, my challenge to you is....if you have a favorite online book review site and they were doing this, what questions would you like to see answered?

I think I'm going to have a basic list of questions for everyone and then have a list to draw from that covers a variety of things.

Ideas?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...What is your favorite quote from a book? (And book name/author)

...What is your favorite childhood book?

...What do YOU know about Tweedle Beetles?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When Tweedle Beetles fight, it's called a Tweedle Beetle Battle.

And when Tweedle Beetles fight in a puddle, it's a Tweedle Beetle Puddle Battle.

...AND AND AND...

Dr. Seuss qualifies for paranormal, right?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Have they ever visited a site so haunted that it's burned to the ground 4 times, and the 3rd time it burned it left the images of screaming faces burned into the walls? Told a 5 year old to GET OUT, held a woman at the top of the stairs suspended in air, ripped 15 buttons off her dress, threw a 10lb bar off a back door repeatedly, and to this day is uninhabitable? Would they like to know where it's at?

Marguerite

Having the same questions for everybody can be interesting - you can have more than the necessary number of questions (say, 25 questions but only publish the best 20 answers). Sometimes these can give you that variable insight into the people you want. Have questions a little out of the ordinary, as well as the really ordinary ones nobody ever asks. Often the questions like "What was your first contact with this genre?" and "What has been your most memorable reading experience?" can give you insight. If you have scope, maybe being able to come back and ask for more clarification would be interesting. It depends on your word length.

Marg