Something to think about.........

scent of cedar

The thing is that, once we come to terms what is happening, once we have learned to balance along the edge of whatever it is, things change. Somehow, we come to terms with it; we come back into balance.

But everything takes time.

And there is so much loss.

And what then exists is something we've cobbled together out of chaos and pain, out of crushing disappointment, out of shock and disbelief. We cherish what is left as though it were enough....

And of course, it will have to be enough, because it is what it is. The only choice we really have is whether we rail about how unfair it is, or keep going.

Very important, to keep going.

www.thewisdomwarrior.com

I started karate, again. I was looking for something to help me practice a particular kata, and found the above site.

Cedar

There is a song, too, that's been running through my head lately. I will find and post it, here.

scent of cedar

I got such a kick out of all the weird traveling companions ~ isn't that just how this works for us, too?!? Can't tell you the strange things I have seen and learned and come to understand a little more about, following my difficult child children through their lives.

Maybe that IS the point? (You know that old Ellen DeGeneres routine, where she says, "My point ~ and I do have one.")

:O)

What happened is that I pulled a muscle in my back and spent like, a week on the sofa watching country-western videos. Very nice. I liked them. Great moral structure, there. It was a trip to turn to current music videos. Like a trip to that very place the song is about. It was an interesting thing to do. I recommend it.
Not pulling a muscle in your back. Watching a few minutes of country video. Great value system.

I would do it, again.

The country music part, I mean.

Also, re-read The Stand (Stephen King). That was interesting, too.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Great video Cedar, "if you're going through hell, keep on moving"..........didn't Churchill say that?

Yes I've met and seen some interesting things along this road too. Some good, some bad and some very definitely ugly.

Looks like you found a nice break from all the 'stuff.' Good to do.

What are you and husband planning next now that your difficult child is away?

My antidote to the difficult child movie is to make plans, create a new vision and do daily nurturing things.

*Tomorrow my girlfriend and I are going to a spa then to lunch. Makes me smile.

Granddaughter and I are planning her college adventures for next year..........apartment vs. dorm, single vs. queen.....all fun stuff. She told me yesterday that she and her next years roommate are already planning on visiting us on ALL school breaks when we're living in Hawaii. Good thing we will have that guest bedroom! Makes me smile.

SO and I are enjoying watching that show, International House Hunters, (have you seen it?) which let us know how incredibly inexpensive it is to rent a small apartment in various cities around the world..............gave us an idea to live for 3-6 months in cities we enjoy or want to visit............just stay there for as long as we want..............now that sounds like an adventure! Makes me smile.

There is so much room in my head and in my heart and in my life now that difficult child's 'stuff' has taken up residence somewhere else. Makes me smile.

scent of cedar

Yes, Recovering. That was Churchill. Strange, that something said to instill courage and give direction before we were born should take on meaning for us, now. And through the medium of country music, no less!

How does that go? Life is not only stranger than you imagine, but stranger than you CAN imagine.

No, we never once thought to check into international housing, Recovering. Actually, I have a friend who is doing something similar next summer. She is taking her children to Italy. Even so, I never thought twice about how that could apply to husband and I. I am going to check that out.

Thanks!

I am happy for you, to know your grandchild will be visiting during school breaks. (In Hawaii, no less ~ alright, Recovering!)

:O)

lovemysons

Recovering,
This "saying" really means something to me as this week (again) I prayerfully handed my young difficult child back over to the care of God. Every once in awhile I am reminded of just how incredibly powerless I am at fixing, rescuing, saying/doing anything for difficult child that may help. I have to surrender...and it IS painful...even scary.

Thank you,
LMS