It is with great pleasure that I tell you our little Sophie-girl does not have any cancer at all anywhere in her little body. After the ultrasound confirmed this yesterday, the vet decided that he would treat her symptoms as an immuno-based disorder of some kind. He has deduced that her body, her ummune system, for some reason, is killing off new blood cells or has caused her red blood cell production to shut down. So, he's prescribed for her prednisone and some other immuno blocking drug. We will treat her this way for 3 months and then revisit. In the meantime, they will do a hematcrit check weekly to see if the medications are helping to enable her body to start red blood cells to produce again. There is a chance that this treatment will not work and we may lose Sophie after all, but we've chosen to be hopefull that she will make a full recovery - taking it week by week for now. The vet did mention that another blood transfusion may be necessary, but H and I have already discussed how we're probably not going to do anymore than this current treatment. The vet kept saying things like "Buy us some time" with a transfusion while we continue treatment, but a part of me says that if it is Sophies 'time', then we need to let her go. I hate thinking that way, but for now I'm putting all those thoughts out of my head and believing she will get better. Is this great? Fourteen hundred dollars later...but still. Thank you all so much for your prayers. They worked!