Synthetic Cocaine

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't remember details but it is all over the news. It is supposed to be the latest hot new thing in illegal drugs and also to be incredibly dangerous. Sorry I cannot offer more info. Why would someone create synthetic cocaine - isn't the real thing bad enough??I know, it is all about making money, but sheesh, can't dealers make enough money and misery with what they already have?

H

HaoZi

Because this one isn't illegal yet, though many places are trying to make it illegal. It's sold in smoke shops for sure, don't know where else.

N

Nomad

The spice situation is getting out of control in my area. Where I work, they are testing for it.
The Bath Salts do not seem to be much of an issue where we are (we don't think). We are aware of it. So far...not sure what we are going to do.
The other day, Dr. Oz talked about it on his show...which I think was a great thing.
Fortunately, teens probably don't tend to watch this show. Parents do. Parents need to be well informed.
Sadly, I have noticed many of the kids (ugh!) WANT to know about new ways to get high. So, having this stuff on the regular news is a tricky thing.
But again, parents need to know about it. And our legislators do too. It needs to get off the shelves.
Did anyone see the Dr. Oz show? I taped it. I was almost in tears. Featured parents whose son killed himself after using it. A tragic story/situation.