Temperature check in - Please tease me with ideas of nice weather!

Mattsmom277

It's -15C this morning. With wind chill the temp is -22C

I've been up since 5a.m. and my teeth are chattering. Cranked our heat right up but with radiant heat it takes hours to warm up to set temps, so still frozen here.

What's it like where you are??

muttmeister

Well, right now it's 19 degrees but today is supposed to be the nicest day of the week: mid to upper 40s. For here in December that's almost a heat wave. At least we have no wind and no snow.

DDD

I know it is hard to sympathize with Floridians, lol, but we are in a cold snap with low thirties and high twenties at night.
The dog and I are miserable...even with the advantage of central heat. Obviously it doesn't happen often around here but I always feel so very sorry for tourists who head down to warm up and happen to hit a cold snap. Truly I could not survive
up north! DDD

Mom2oddson

We are in a heat wave...lows in the 40s, highs close to 50. But that means we have RAIN. Light rain, heavy rain, drenching rain and then the possibility of river floodings. But it's still better than snow and icy roads!

T

TeDo

:groan:Sorry I can't make you feel any better. A foot of snow on the ground. Lows in the single digits Farenheit. Highs in the teens. Except for Thursday when it is supposed to get to 35 with heavy rain that will freeze that night followed by highs in negatives starting Saturday night. It's only times like this that I don't like living where I do.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
DDD... Sigh. 30 sounds lovely!

You know you live in Ohio when... 40 degrees sounds like a heat wave... and 75 is impossible to imagine. It's 17 here - windchill down to 9.

This is super cold for the beginning of December. I remember a few years back (OK, around 20 of them)... Going somewhere the day after Christmas in a T-shirt.

Then again, I also remember when I first moved here and 60 sounded FREEZING!

M

Mamaof5

You've got it easy at -15!!! We're here with wind chills of -25 to -30 in Northern Ontario (Elliot Lake) right now!!!

I wish - 15 right now BRRRR... oh and a major snow storm is about to hit us Thursday night on to Friday all day... *sigh*

KTMom91

It's been in the mid-60's here in sunny California. I'm still wearing capris to school. The only difference is that I changed my sandals for tennies.

:bigsmile:

Mattsmom277

Trinity I so relate. I thought the wind chill would go down today, it started at -22. But it isn't really warming much and with the sun going down its getting colder. Yuckers. It's truly winter!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We are enjoying temps in the mid- to upper-70's today, with a probability of temps in the low-80's this weekend. It is easily flip-flops and shorts weather this afternoon! My plants don't know what to do -- fruit trees have lost almost all their leaves, but my bearded iris is blooming like crazy!

Nancy

It's in the low 20's and has been snowing for days. We have about 20" of snow in some places. I think our yard has about a foot. This is weather we usually get in January and February. People have been sitting in traffic for 3 hours tonight in downtown and nothing is moving.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
Get used to it folks - We're headed for another ice age. Hotter than hades summers makes for colder than a welldiggers butt Winters.

We had no water this morning - pipes froze - and we live in SC.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, I agree Star. Hot dry summer usually leads to a bitter cold snowy winter. I don't know why but I've seen it happen often enough to prepare for it.

I would settle for the weather men just making up their minds. I look once place it says other than cold we're good. Look another place......some snow but still good. On tv they're talking probably ten inches on sat. Now c'mon, surely they can get it together better than that?

Nancy

It took some people over 4 hours to get home from work today. husband is so lucky he's out of town and missed it.

Nancy

DammitJanet

I left NC last Wed morning and it was a balmy 50 degrees. By the time I got to VA that afternoon it had dropped to around 35. The day of the funeral I think it was right around 32 degrees or a bit less with a biting wind. I only had a black pants suit on with a open sweater that closed at my neckline with a hook and eye and came down 3/4 length. At least most of the guys had suits on with long underwear on...lol.

On one day the temp went up to 36 and Tony and I remarked to each other that it felt like a heat wave..LOL, because we had been there so long!

We actually saw a bit of snow on the sides of I95 on our drive home today. Weird weather.