Terrorism in MN and NY and NJ

BusynMember

Terrifying. Surreal. Those poor victims. This has to stop. But how?

People this election may be voting out of fear. Yet nobody can stop this. Thank God nobody was killed Sunday. Nothing short of a miracle.

Last edited:

Nomad

Staff member
For me, it is a potential reason I may not vote.
Don't care at all for one person and the other person I'm not sure has a good handle on this particular situation.
This topic is very sensitive and has much potential for political discord....something that is very important to avoid, particularly here.
Of course, I hope and pray whomever is elected handles all the needs of our country, including this very difficult situation well and I will do my best to be supportive and I will be praying fervently.

AppleCori

We also should be careful not to label people who may have different views. I highly doubt very many Americans will vote for a candidate out of "fear". That's just not who we are, no matter which side of the political spectrum we fall on.

BusynMember

I am again not commenting on either candidate. I do think people, not all but many, will vote one way or the other out of fear.

Fact is, many of us and those abroad are very afraid of any kind of random killings for any reason. I am not ashamed to admit that it scares me.

AppleCori

I will be voting for what I believe is best for the country, so terrorism and what the candidates plan on doing about it will definitely play a part in my decision. It is a scary thing, and it's healthy to be concerned. It is our reality now.

I'm more sad than scared. And angry.

AppleCori

I just don't think most people are controlled by their fears.

But I do think the terrorist attacks will play into the election, and for good reason.

BusynMember

I'm afraid i doubt either candidate knows what to do about it. At least I have not heard anything realistic or that Congress will approve. Both parties, minus the two candidates, seem closer now, both wanting to seem sane, I guess. I don't think Congress will approve of anything extreme on either side.

I am not hopeful, and I agree that on all sides people will be voting out of fear. Not you, of course. I believe you, but many.

Since I don't feel either can stop these attacks, I am voting on other issues. And not with glee. I also am sad and wish we had better choices.

I'm glad I don't live in NY. Seems to be their favorite target. Although MN is just one state over...

I guess there is no hiding.

Last edited: