Text from difficult child

Nancy

I got a text this morning from difficult child asking "you're not getting a divorce from dad right?" I responded no of course not and asked why she was asking. She said she had a dream last night that we did and it was the worst dream ever. I told her I didn't think she liked me enough to even care and she responded, "I love you mom."

Either something has come over her or she wants to make sure she gets her christmas presents.

Nancy

Nancy, I like your attitude about your difficult child! I don't think that you are surprised by anything that your difficult child says or does!

dashcat

Warning:
Optimist Polyanna type speaking...
The last few months have been one long wakeup call for her. Is she perfect? Hardly. But she knows who it is who stood by her and who loved her enough NOT to step in at the wrong time and help in the wrong way. She loves her mama! (and her dad).

Star*

call 911........call 911
You've come a long way baby!

"didn't think you liked me enough to even care."
- BRILLIANT

You get a cookie, and a star in detachment 101.
:consoling:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL

I do think she does love her mom. (and we all know I'm no pollyanna ) I think it's that she is suddenly realizing a LOT of things all at once, it's scary.

P

PatriotsGirl

Some one was asking me the other day at work if I had heard from difficult child. I said of course, it is Christmas time (she wants to ensure she gets something). Another woman laughed and said her daughter's birthday is the same week as Christmas and it is the only week during the year they see or hear from her. Apparently, it is common....lol.

DDD

You put a smile on my face this morning. Very interesting. You've come a long way, Baby! DDD

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Let's just say...difficult child loves me a lot more than she did when she lived here!

Lol, you're right to be cautiously optimistic.

Err. I love my parents more now than I used to, and I probably mostly qualify for easy child status (with moments, of course).

I love, love, love the "I didn't think she liked me enough to even care"...

Fran

Former desparate mom
At least she had some concern but like you, I would be wondering what triggered the concern.
At least she seems to be engaged in the process of change.

DammitJanet

I think it is a very common thing for kids...adult kids to start that pulling away process. I know I didnt call my parents as much as I should have. I have huge regrets now. I should have called my dad more but life got in the way. But then again the phone lines go both ways. He could have picked up that phone and called me too. My stepmom read me the riot act one year...maybe 10 years ago about how I needed to call my dad more often. I was probably calling him once every 2 or 3 months but at that time I still had my mom at home, I had just quit my job, I was not in good health...it was pretty chaotic here. I did start trying. It is hard to remember to call someone on a monthly basis when I had crisis on top of crisis happening in my day to day life. Sometimes I called him twice a month, sometimes I called him monthly, sometimes I went two months without calling. It all depended. But I still say he could have called me too. It shouldnt have all fallen on me to have been the dutiful daughter to call.

Nancy

Janet I agree with you. My dad is 92 today and if I don't call him I don't hear from him. I have told him many times the phone works both ways but he says "I'm 92 (or whatever age he is at the time) I shouldn't have to call you, you should call me." Of course he's been saying this for years now. It would be nice if he just picked up the phone just to say hi but he won't.

Nancy