TGIF-Happy Friday!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Should be a very interesting day ahead. My school is doing a clay stomp. It's going to be an all day event; all students will be outside the entire day.

Here's my attempt at an explanation of what it is (since we haven't actually done it before). Yesterday a whole lot of clay was delivered to our school. Today the kids and teachers will actually stomp on the clay clay to get it ready. When a class isn't stomping they are doing all sorts of other games so the rotation should go smoothly. In the afternoon classes will enjoy two performances (also outside) and students will be called away in groups to carve their hopes into the clay in the form of designs. Eventually they whole thing somehow gets baked and put together and it becomes a great piece of art. That part we won't see until next school year. There will be an artist there who does this with the kids the entire day.

After work I will go pick up difficult child from the psychiatric hospital.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee2:

Sharon- Have fun with the clay! I hope everything goes well with difficult child.

I'm not feeling too well today, I hope it's just that I need my allergy medications which I forgot yesterday. I also have a chiro appointment this morning. And I will continue cleaning my house!

Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, your day sounds like so much fun ~ have fun in the clay. Hoping to see picture's of the finished product.
TM, housework is never done ~ a never ending abyss.

kt & I have spent the last few days (after school) hitting the local nursery. There are now 4 hanging baskets in my front yard; haven't even begun to get annuals for the back yard. This weekend is all about getting our yard in order for the upcoming summer. Clean the patio off - use rustoleum on the firepit. Weed, spread mulch & trim down a burning bush that's taking over my front porch windows.

Today I rest after I plant a beautiful gallon bucket of foxgloves.

Enjoy your Friday.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (WO), I've never heard of a clay stomp either. It sounds like lots of fun! I'm sure the finished artwork will be absolutely amazing. Hope all goes well this afternoon with difficult child!

TM, Hope you're feeling better ASAP!!! Try not to forget those allergy medications again. The pollen is almost unbearable where I am. Hope the house cleaning goes as quickly as possible! I really should get some done around here but with a sick dog, it's just not going to happen.

Today it's going to be a nice day - Temps in the low seventies, no rain. After I finish at least one more cup of coffee, it's outside for my morning jog. I've got grocery shopping on the agenda today. I have to cook for my "favorite sanity saver" who is sick from pain medications given to her after a recent surgery.

I hope everyone has a good day and a great weekend! SFR

Linda,

I'm just too slow typing in the morning, lol...!!! Your yard is going to be gorgeous:D!!! I hope your planning to rest outside and enjoy all of your hard work. Enjoy the day!!! SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends. TGIF. Always nice to know we have a three day weekend.
Wiped out, I have never heard of a clay stomp but sounds fun. Maybe I can get the local students to do that here since under 3 inches of topsoil is hard, unyielding clay.
Have fun and good luck with difficult child this weekend.

TM hope you feel better. Isn't cleaning the kitchen the most unrewarding task? For me it is. It's messy within 10 min of the boys being home. Sigh.

Linda, have fun with the plants. There is something nourishing about planting.

Searching, have a good run. Your temps sound wonderful.

We hit the 90's yesterday so it was hot, hot,hot. We will be less so today with some pretty bad storms later. I hope we get rain again. My flowers could use it.
husband is out of town until late tonight. difficult child and his friend are at a convention in Raleigh called Animazement. They will return home in the night but if all things go correctly, they should be out all day. Should be a nice change.
I'm off to walk the dogs a bit before it's too hot, then Home Depot, then groceries before I head back into the shade and the office.
It's a gorgeous morning and sitting outside with my coffee watching the bird feeders is just a great way to start the day.

Hope you all have a productive day. For us in the states, remembering our fallen heroes this weekend is a good way to honor their memory.

Marguerite

G'day, people. I'm late again, got to head for bed and get some sleep.

Sharon/WO, a "clay stomp" - sounds fascinating. We had something a bit like it a year ago for our village fair - people took a piece of clay and made a small pinch pot, then put it down on the ground as part of a mandala. The sand sculpture and mandala was added to also by people in the village, then the whole lot was left to slowly go back to nature. Very early on, we saw the tracks made by ants as they moved sand around in their anthills. A lovely idea, although difficult child 1 wouldn't have anything to do with it because he felt it was too pagan and therefore potentially nasty, spiritually. I do worry about that boy sometimes... fear should never be your driving force.

TM, I hope you feel better soon. difficult child 3 is fighting a cold at the moment, but in our season (winter almost on us here) that is at least understandable.

Linda, I'm glad you and kt are working together to make the garden look beautiful.

SFR, enjoy your beautiful day. I'm envious of your lovely weather.

Fran, I hope you get your tasks done before the worst of the heat arrives. It is good to enjoy the cool shade knowing you've had a productive morning.

I had a quiet day today, a day off from treatment. So I stayed home, got some paperwork done getting ready for a writing workshop I'm giving tomorrow. It's local so no need to drive more than five minutes from home. They're giving me lunch first and providing a white board. I've gone through all my old notes ad quickly drafted a program guide for the afternoon. Then just to boost my confidence (although I've had friends say if I get any more self-esteem, they're leaving town) a writing colleague rang me this evening to compliment me on a copy of my book I lent him.

The only possible problem tomorrow will be if one person in particular is at the workshop. I know the organiser didn't want this woman there, and I also know (because I was warned) that this woman is very likely to give me a difficult time and make things unpleasant for everybody. If she is there, I will have to manage. I'm going to have a chance over lunch to assess the situation and hopefully resolve any issues with this woman if she is there, at least to keep things working smoothly for the afternoon. I can make this work out.

I had a good physical rest today and will also try to get some rest in the morning. On Sunday I have a rehearsal for a play I've been involved in- it's about to get postponed. Thank goodness. The rehearsal is to take advantage of one last theatre booking that can't be cancelled - so let's learn our scripts, people. The director wants to start up rehearsals again in July, but I think that will be too soon for me, so I will have to bow out. She won't be happy. Increasingly, I will be glad to see the back of this play, at least for now. I am really going to need my rest, more than I had been led to believe. I was planning to audition for another musical (which was scheduled to begin rehearsing soon, but they would let me off early rehearsals) but I think I'm going to have to back out of that one too. I will probably go in anyway, I have an audition slot booked, if they're desperate enough to make A LOT of allowances then they might work around me but frankly, I think I need to leave them to it. However, if I do go in, I'll at least get a feel for whether I'm up to their standard or not, for possible future productions. And that, I wouldn't mind knowing. Being local is good.

Which reminds me - tomorrow's workshop will need me to read some poetry, I'll have to dig out some classic Aussie poems to read, as examples for the class to emulate.

Time to do a bit of pre-bedtime homework...

Enjoy your Friday, everyone.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Marguerite, I wanted you to know that I think of you frequently and hope treatment is going well. A dear friend's husband is undergoing radiation for prostate cancer. Hope and treatment are a wonderful thing aren't they? Sending positive thoughts that all of this will accomplish what needs to be accomplished. Hugs.

Linda, I want you to know I went out and bought foxglove. I have never had that in the garden but your suggestion nudged me to take the opportunity. Thanks.

Marguerite

Thanks for the kind thoughts, Fran.

The surgeon was very emphatic about my excellent prognosis. The radiation treatment is just to nail it all in place.

As for foxgloves - there was a TV program on tonight about the Chelsea Flower Show and I believe the flower of the year was awarded to a new foxglove variety, it is a beautiful deep pink colour. Definitely worth looking for. And of course the Aussies took out gold again!

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Fran, foxglove is one of my favorite flowers. It's a flower I remember very distinctly when I would help my great aunt in her flower garden @ the family farm every summer. One I was determined to have many of in my gardens.

Marg, I'll be on the lookout for the new foxglove.