The Cat Has Cheerleaders!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I was laying down for a nap. Jess and Lyndon each yelled at Captain Morgan because he jumped on the table (a habit we are trying to break)

I know they MEANT to chastise the cat, but what I heard was:

Jess: "Captain"

then

husband: "Morgan"

then the 2 of them clapped twice in unison.

I went and told Jess it sounded like they were cheering for the cat. She rolled her eyes and then went and told husband.

Now he is calling them "Captain Morgan's Cheerleaders" - and wondering if he can get free rum for doing it (just for him, not for Jess)

I was ROFLMBO!!

:cheerleader::pet::cheerleader:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl::rofl:

I can picture it, too. lmao

Now, if you can manage to keep the cat off the table you have to let me know your magic, dear. I've yet to accomplish it, although Bruce is much better about it than Shadow ever was. Same goes for the counters around the sink. I flick him with water which he hates, but his curiousity always gets the better of him and he has to see what I'm doing. lol

I guess I should be grateful. Bruce turns his nose up at people food, even chicken!

F

flutterbee

:rofl:

I've heard that putting newspaper on the table will keep them off. Of course, it will keep me away from the table, too. Newspaper texture bothers me.

Kinda like the 'Keep Off' spray I bought one year to keep Puddles out of the Xmas tree. It didn't keep him away, but it smelled so bad it kept me away!

I've given up on keeping the cats off the table and counter. I get them off whenever I'm around or spritz them with the water bottle, but as soon as I'm out of the room or put the water bottle down.....

They're not afraid of me.

meowbunny

My cats run when they see me coming. Mainly cause they know I won't hesitate to let them fly across the room and they hate that. (It is a very controlled toss with a very firm NO!) Even so, they love the dining room table.

I guess I'm seriously firm about the kitchen counter because they never jump up there. That gets water in the face, toss and NO! My daughter's cat did but only when we weren't home and, preferably, when something was defrosting in the sink.

Water alone doesn't work for me. Unless I get them directly in the face, they usually don't realize they've gotten wet.

by the way -- I'm so glad your Cpt. Morgan has cheerleaders. Every cat needs to be encouraged in their misbehavior.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Did you guys not get the memo that cats RULE the house? They'll do what they darn please. They get a pet when THEY want it, they'll sleep wrapped around your head when it's 100 degrees out because THEY want it, and they'll snub any food they don't find acceptable. This is where the hopping on the kitchen counter comes in.

I think their little 'presents' they leave you are a snickering slap in the face. (hahah...you think you can give me dry food? We'll here's something for you and it's not dry.)

Cats have attitude.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
Capn Morgan, being a large part Siamese, LOVES water. ESP if you flick it on him! He does not, however, enjoy being picked up by the scruff and put under the tap. Then dropped gently, with a firm NO.

It is only husband and Jess and thank you who think yelling will work. I think he sees it more as cheering!

And by the way, the cat DID get a pet. Gracie was lonesome when Freckles dies and wanted a pet of her own. Thus Capn came to our lives. Now she thinks he is just a stinky boy, if we are around. Otherwise they are now good friends. She doesn't want husband to know it though.

Susie