The Conjuring previews. Freaking me out.

Jody

Has anyone seen the Conjuring previews? Every time it comes on I have to hold my hands over my ears very hard and close my eyes. Scares me to death. It's so creepy when the lady is standing at the stairs looking down into the basement and hands come from beside her. shivers, and chills and goosebumps. If I even hear it on in another room, I get creeped out. Anyone else see it? Or plan on going to see it. Obviously I am not going. Even if I tried I would probably run out of that movie theatre screaming my head off.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Guess I have missed the previews.

It takes a heck of a lot to scare me though. Very few horror whatever type movies have managed it, very few. And they were sort of odd ones. The Omen series. I have yet to watch it again as an adult. The Birds (ditto that watching it again thing) I think there was a 3rd one but I can't recall it right now.

BusynMember

I'm hard to scare too and ditto what Hound Dog said...older horror movies seemed scarier to me. But I love being scared, if it happens!

The only two movies I remember really scaring me was Carrie (when the hand came up from the grave at the end I screamed my head off) and Play Misty for Me. Paranormals don't scare me nor do movies that just show blood...I just think they're gross.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
MWM

I think due to all the focus on special effects, blood, and gore they have severely neglect the psychological part of horror. You don't require a lot of special effects, blood, or gore if you have one hellova story to tell. That is why so many of the old horror movies are so much more scarier than today's movies.

Jody

I am easily scared, lol. I used to like the Halloween movies, but The Shining, and anything pretty much with the guy who plays Hannibal Lector, I know he's a good actor, but afer I watched one of those, I can't watch him in anything. Anthony Hopkins.

DazedandConfused

Yes! Someone else finds The Conjuring previews creepy. Especially, the woman holding up a lit match to see down some stairs to have a pair of creepy hands clap from behind. I keep thinking that the repeated exposure will lesson the effect on me, but it doesn't.

by the way: I avoid those kind of movies and have since I was kid and saw Jaws. I did see the first Friday the 13th back in the day because my sister wanted to see it. I just don't get it. Isn't the world violent enough without paying to watch (however fake it is) people being slaughtered for entertainment? Scary is one thing; thrilling is another, but systematically butchering people? I will never understand it.

Jody

when that hand comes out behind her its totally scary. I am hoping that the previews aren't on like they were last night. lol

JKF

Omg Jody! I can't watch them and unfortunately they are on here nonstop! I have to turn the channel immediately! Last night I caught half a second of one and had some disturbing nightmares. The nightmares were most likely brought on by stress but the images from the preview certainly did NOT help! I am a huge scary movie baby and have no desire to ever ever ever see one again!!!

Jody

Oh me too. I get nightmares bad if I watch something that I shouldn't. I watched Anaconda with my kids, like number one and number two and though I wasn't scared of the movie, I dreamt about big snakes for a week. I so far tonight have been lucky and haven't seen that Conjuring preview once so far tonight. I have my sleep study tomorrow night and I don't want to act a fool in my sleep.

Mattsmom277

I was watching the movie about the babysitter where she gets these phone calls from a killer asking her to check the children, while i was babysitting. Some local boys knew I was babysitting and saw through patio doors. They waited until a scary part and started banging loudly on the door, me screaming and terrified and freaking out. I was probably about 13 or 14. Hated horror movies ever since. I just two minutes ago saw the commercial for the first time. I muted it. Yikes!

Jody

I saw that babysitter movie. The killer calls from a phone in the house and says have you checked the children lately? I was babysitting at the time too, but I was next door to my parents. I was scared too death all night, but couldn't tell them or they wouldn't think I was mature enough to babysit.