The last we heard...

witzend

M was sleeping on someone's couch and had no job. He'd lost his financial aid because he flunked out of classes 3 terms in a row for non-attendance. Typical grandiosity. He doesn't want to do any work that requires physical labor.

A little note here. Yes, he has the same muscular dystrophy I do. He has limits. As did I. But when it came time to putting food on the table for myself and my family I, I did what I had to do. I worked in a job that I shouldn't have for nearly 9 years because we needed to eat and we needed the insurance. I have no sympathy for him and his disability.

We pay for a cell for him so that we can keep track. We hadn't heard from him in about 5 weeks and he wasn't answering calls or texts so I got online and checked his activity. Nothing since the end of October. I check the jails to see if he is listed as an inmate. Nope. The last call he made was to food stamps, and before that was to a suicide prevention line when he spoke for 36 minutes. Dread is really setting in.

I get onto Facebook and see if I can see any activity with him and his friends. There's a message today on his page from some girl asking "Sup, roommate?" He says he's going to watch a zombie movie. She's at work. She's also 4 years younger than he. A week or so ago he posted he lost his phone, and he is using a pay as you go. Great. So glad that I can't break my phone contract because he has another year on his and he's not using or has lost his phone. Photos of him at a keg party...

I have husband call and text. Nothing. I write on his FB what happened to his old phone? "Oh, I found it last night in a friend's couch.":sigh:

He is that guy that you always wonder why some girl is wasting her time with. He is Monkey Boy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ugh. I hate the not knowing. At least he's not M. lol (did I make you smile just a little bit??)

I hope he just left his phone somewhere instead of just lost it, especially since you have a contract on the darn thing.

((hugs))

susiestar

Roll With It
I'm sorry. If he isn't using the phone, call and ask about putting it on "vacation" status - usually it costs less per month and is for times when the phone won't be used. Each company has their own rules for it, but it cannot hurt to ask.

(((((hugs)))))

witzend

I'm sorry. If he isn't using the phone, call and ask about putting it on "vacation" status - usually it costs less per month and is for times when the phone won't be used. Each company has their own rules for it, but it cannot hurt to ask.

(((((hugs)))))
Won't that extend the contract?

katya02

Solace
I think you can put it on 'phone lost' status or something like that, so that someone else can't pick up the phone and run up horrific charges on it.
It doesn't extend the contract, you just lose the use of the line. Alternatively, you can have the line switched to another phone if you have an old
phone around that isn't being used. Then he might get in touch to find out why his phone isn't working!
I'm sorry ... not knowing is awful. At least you've been able to find out he's ok. {{{hugs}}}

Bean

Yikes. I was feeling the dread just reading that. I'm glad you heard from him. Five weeks is a long time.