This is my first week

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
for eating healthy and walking. I quit smoking nearly 1 year ago. Between that and my marriage falling apart, I put on quite a bit of weight. I would like to lose about 60lbs. I am hoping by the time the warm weather really arrives where I live, around July, I will look okay enough to put on a swim suit. That's only 4 months away. Maybe that isn't realistic but I'm going to try.

I believe that if I really felt good about myself and thought that I deserved better, I would not have gained so much weight. So that's something I am trying to work on WITH the healthy eating and exercise. My therapist suggested I get some positive affirmation cards or a daily affirmation book to help build my self-esteem and to be gentler to myself. She's also suggested finging 3 good things everyday-could simply be a beautiful flower, difficult child to school on time, etc. Has anyone used these? If so, do they really help?

LittleDudesMom

LA2,

welcome to our group!! Good for you for making a positive start. I don't use daily meditation or formal inspiration for motivation. I do wake every day with a prayer of thanks!

Check back on Wed morings when we post our weekly progress. Glad to have you with us.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Way To Go! It's terrific that you are doing good things for yourself. Now that you don't stink from cigarette smoke, get some nice perfume to remind yourself of what you have accomplished.
You are young, your lungs are healthy. Build on that success. Life is too short to only see negatives. Look for the good things in your life.

I'm glad you're here!!!

Living a healthy lifestyle gets easier the more time that goes by... I'm glad you're exercising. in my humble opinion, for those of us who are physically able to exercise, it is one of the best ways to take care of ourselves. in my humble opinion, exercise really does make you feel better mentally as well as physically.

I think it is good to have a goal in mind such as wearing a swimsuit this summer. If you have one that you really like but can no longer wear, take it out and keep it in a visible place, as a reminder of how much better you're going to look and feel about yourself soon.

I started keeping a journal and writing in it good things that happen every day. I found that this really does help me. Even with difficult children, I have lots to be thankful for. I know realize this.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! One of the hardest parts is just becoming motivated enough to start leading a healthy lifestyle. You're already on your way!!! WFEN

Loving Abbey 2

Not really a Newbie
Thanks for the support! I know it's a good thing to be taking these steps, but someone needs to tell that to my sore muscles and chocolate cake cravings!! LOL!!!

scent of cedar

Affirmations absolutely do work ~ especially if you write them out ten times each. (Only choosing one affirmation at a time to write out ~not all of them! :)

The Artist's Way at Work, by Julia Cameron, might be very helpful to you during this time. All about evolving into the person we are meant to be, the book is beautifully written and illustrated.

If you go onto the Artist's Way at Work website, you can learn a little more about the philosophy guiding the book before you buy it.

Or, you could reserve it at your library.

Wishing well!

Barbara