Tink made me cry...

...a happy cry.

Last night, on the way home, I had the radio on in the car. Our radio station is having their annual St. Jude radio-a-thon, where they raise money for St. Jude hospital. It is a research hospital, completely free, for kids with cancer. I was only half listening. They had been saying all day long that they are looking for pledges of a dollar a day.

Out of nowhere, Tink says "I would do that." I look in the rearview, and she has her hand up, like she is in school. I asked her, "do what?" She said "A dollar a day to help those babies. As long as I don't have to change their diapers. That is nasty." I knew that she did not totally get what they were asking for, but the fact that she was willing to give money...I started to cry. She said "now why does that make you sad?" I said "These are happy tears. Mommy is so happy that you care about those kids that it makes her cry."

As if scripted, she said "I don't understand grownups".

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
BBK, you need to perfect your cartoon skills. I can soooo see that exchange in a comic strip. :thumb:

Very cute! :smile:

Suz

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
What a sweetie!!! I love her!!!
N said the other day... "I want to give my toys to all the kids who need them" (we try to go through all of their toys and a few times a year and donate) I tell them why and who we are giving them to...

SO then she says... "SO then I can get some more" Real sweet...

K is my sweet one... N has the ummm... not so sweet side.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell Tink - I don't get grown ups EITHER -

What a precious angel!

Interesting that she was listening to what was being said - I love when our kids amaze us with their generosity and love.

-Halo! :angel:

K

Kjs

and I hope she doesn't need to understand grown ups for a very long time. She's a real sweetie