Took difficult child to the docs - I'm not happy

Mom2oddson

I really don't like the child rights laws or whatever it is that makes me responsible for paying for all the medical care, but also tells me whatever I'm paying for is none of my business!

Normally, this wouldn't bother me, but I think there is something wrong and I'd like to know what it is!

It's been three weeks since we last saw difficult child. He gets into the car and his breath is so bad we had to roll down the windows. It was like something died inside of him. Even a whole roll of breath savers didn't help.

difficult child wants to go back to the office without us. He's 17. He has the right to say that we can't know what is going on with him. And so that is how it is. We did walk with him to the lab so we know that he had a strep test and a urine test. They gave him antibiotics. difficult child says for strep throat.

When he got his discharge papers, I started reading them (before he took them from me)... the only test listed was the strep and the results were normal....

If the results of the strep were normal - then he doesn't have strep. I want to know what he has. I want to know what is wrong with him. I want to know why his breath smells like death....

even when a difficult child is out of the house they can leave you twisted in knots!

witzend

OK, I know you are imagining the worst, and this probably won't help. Severe halitosis that "can't be brushed away" can be a sign of Meth use.

http://www.breath-health.com/breath-health-the-use-of-methamphetamine.html

I don't recall your ever talking about difficult child using drugs, but then maybe it's just too early in the AM for me. Is this possible? When is he 18? If he comes to you for medical care again, and needs the ride to the doctor, you to pick up the Rx, etc., tell him you will provide those additional services after he pees on the stick. You might want to have one on hand.

You may be legally responsible for the bills, but you aren't responsible for the ride and cash out of pocket for a scrip.

I hope I don't offend you by offering this possibility. His secrecy is a big red flag.

Mom2oddson

witzend I'm not offended at all. difficult child has no history of drug use, yet. Yet being the key word here. Also, difficult child and his girlfriend are active in their intimate life. So how knows what is happening with him. Thanks for the web site - I'll check it out.