Travis Job Update

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
First off, I want to apologize for not being on the board lately. My dsl is majorly messing up of late. Haven't got a clue why, but let's just say the co will be hearing a piece of my mind tomorrow. One time I can get on and all is well for a while, then poof suddenly it's slower than dial up (I kid you not, I play solitare for up to 20 mins waiting for the page to load :mad:) Then it will lock up completely. Then I can't get on forever. Then when I do it's the same senerio all over again. grrrrrr!

Heck, I don't even know if this post will make it thru but I didn't want to keep you all wondering what happened.

Now on to the job update.

Travis was upset because I told him that he had to call the Union over his job. He wanted me to do it for him. Even though I explained that I'm not in the union, nor does it concern me. It's his job. He is the person involved.

So, he drug his feet.

Then he gets a notice in the main that one of the big wig union reps was coming to town on Tues. Exactly the person Travis needed to contact over this no hours thing. :D And the boy made sure he got there. And he talked to the rep. And the rep was NOT happy by a long shot. Said no way they could pull such a stunt. On both the Fed law and union thing and they'd get his hours back.

Sure enough two days later Travis is contacted by the union rep (big wig), and he will have his hours back on the next schedule. And Travis is to contact Mr. Big Wig if he has any more problems with either the shop steward or any of the store mangers, include the actual store manager herself. :D :D :D

So, Witz..... A huge Thank you! And to everyone else too. :D

Now, hopefully I'll be able to get my internet service straightened out and be able to get back on the board as usual.

Hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
AWESOME!!! I am glad that Travis got to talk to the person and that the bigwig came through!! THIS is what Travis pays the Union for, and it is very good that you made HIM do it. Now he knows he CAN stand up for himself.

I am glad Travis will get his hours back!

hugs!! Sorry on the dsl thing!

slsh

member since 1999
Doing the happy dance here, Lisa! I'm so glad Travis got this straightened out and rep put things right.

Bravo to you too for making him take care of this! Serendipity that rep came to town - love how that worked out!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Very good news. Keep reminding him that he did this situation himself and he is competent to problem solve with a little input from outside support(mom) he can manage. Build on each success. Happy Dance Here too!!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
(wipes a tear)

OUR TRAVIS IS GROWING UP -

(wipes another tear)

OUR DAISY IS DETACHING -

:D

KTMom91

Travis has got to feel good that he was able to take care of it himself! And I'm so glad the union came through for him!