Tree + trampoline = broken thumb

Got2Sleep

WE had a good day...really. WE went to the park 2x, played outside all day. A few little issues, but nothing major.

Fast forward to supper time. I came inside to make supper...Bradon went down the street to play for a bit. Here him whimpering and husband running behind him....thumb off to 1 side and swelling fast.

Apparently, he was climbing a tree, swinging off a limb, onto a trampoline! Well..from what I gather..he hit his thumb on the metal surrounding the mat.

He has such a high pain tolerance. A bit a whimpering..more tears when *&! father mentioned it was broken(his friend broke his arm and needed surgery, so his anxiety was sky high!), and basically that was it. He did so well at x-ray and even as they put the splint on.

The ER nurse joked that they might cast him for 4 years...well the Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)-not otherwise specified in my guy didnt find that too funny and we almost had a mini-melt down then. I nipped it quit and let the nurse know he didnt take verbal cues well.

So...in a splint and got night medications about 2 hours late..so we are in for a long night!

HUGS!
~S

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #000099"> poor little guy!! that had to smart.

at least he'll have bragging rights at school lol.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

K

Kjs

Thumb..painful. difficult child fell off bike and broke his thumb. Only he screamed loud enough the whole neighborhood heard. By the time he walked into the house you couldn't even see his thumb it was so swollen. he had a cast up to his elbow for six weeks.
Will he be getting a cast? difficult child said it felt so much better once the cast was on. But then after the swelling went done he slipped it right off and had to get another.

Hope he feels better. Is it his writing hand?