husband spent over 8 hours trying to send our COBRA payment to the company. it was the last day of the grace period, but he had 3 checks that were delayed and we simply did NOT have the money before then. He spent about 4 hours on the 30th, and then decided to do it the 31st. On the 31st their computer system would not work. Our post office was closed because someone died so he couldn't mail the payment and get it postmarked that day. By the time we realized that there was no way to get the payment through by computer, and they refused to take it by phone because they say it is "too confusing", there were no post offices open in any town we could drive to. I called them the next day and got info to appeal. I thought it would be no big deal. NOW we have NO insurance because they say that we should have made the payment earlier. I intend to send a letter to them outlining this and BEGGING. Does ANYONE have any ideas to help us? I am set to have 2 expensive doctor appts TOMORROW - one for my pain doctor and he will NOT refill my medications with-o this visit. The other is for a sleep study that he insists I have but I couldn't pay the copays for before this. Now I am screwed. I will call the doctor office tomorrow before we go, thankfully it is a late appointment. I am tempted to go and pay the copay and fix the billing later, but that is dishonest. It really doesn't matter. I won't be able to pay for medications for more than maybe a month. IF husband gets this new job we would have other insurance, but we are still waiting for funding to open up. husband is going to have to check on that tomorrow also. I am SO SCARED. My medications are such that with-o them I have no quality of life, just endless hours of agonizing pain in every part of my body. Add the symptoms of physical withdrawal to that and life will be He.ll. If anyone has advice or help, please let me know. husband just left for choir rehearsal. I haven't told him yet - I will when he gets home, if I am awake - been up for almost 48 hours, so I may crash.