Trying Again

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We believe we've found a really nice forever home for Gracie the puppy. The woman is a Grandmother who has her 2 yr old grandson visit often. This will be nice for Gracie as she'll have a child to play with and the one on one attention of an adult.

The woman thought long and hard about Gracie. We were bluntly honest with her. Although Gracie's only problem is she isn't completely housetrained yet. And that's because Nichole has been inconsistant with it.

She is coming from Kentucky to pick Gracie up this evening. :D

I need board mojo to help make sure this forever family doesn't waffle at the last minute on Gracie.

I go back for spring quarter in a week. My schedule will be even more full as I'm not taking any classes online. I'll be at school from 8am til about 4pm. Nichole will be working at least 8 hrs a day, not to mention time spent with boyfriend. This means even longer periods of time Gracie will be spending in the crate. And I think she already spends far too much time in there as it is. She really needs her forever family now more than ever.

Keeping my fingers crossed.:faint:

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG - My Future sister in law from KY is going to pick up a Puppy tonight - in OHIO

- She has a 2 year old grandson and a 6 year old granddaughter!

Had to think for a minute - And she has a jackass for a husband. Did this woman mention owning a donkey?

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU - DAISY!!!!!! YOU TOTALLY ROCK KIBBLE!!!!!!

GOOD BYE GRACIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOREVER HOME FOREVER!~~~~~

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No mention of a donkey. lol

Gracie was being spoiled before she was picked up. At her new forever home waiting for her is a pink designer doggie bed with matching dog dishes, collar and leash. Grandma is intending to let Gracie sleep with her. How's that for gonna be spoiled rotten. :redface:

Grandmother was admitted to the hospital tonight. BUT she wanted Gracie so much she sent her daughter to come pick her up anyway. So daughter was late, about 11:30 pm. No hoo hoo around here, we're night owls.

Daughter said Gracie is perfect for them. And the grandmother fell in love and refused to look at another dog for adoption. And on top of it all, the grandmother's MOM is a dog groomer. So Gracie will be getting all her grooming for free.

Gracie was scared to death. I felt sorry for her. But knowing she's going to a wonderful home makes it easier. And I reminded myself how horribly scared she was when Nichole brought her home. These are definate dog people. Gracie will be more than ok, she'll be loved and spoiled, just what she deserves.

I now have 2 dogs and a cat mad at me. :stopglass: But of course they can't understand that Gracie has gone to a family of her own. And they'll grieve and adjust. I think they're taking it hard because we just lost Shadow.

I think Gracie was intended for this family. I am so happy for her. And tonight my house is so very quiet it is almost eerie. Such a special pup. I'm glad she now has a family to call her very own. But I'm gonna miss her. *sniff*

susiestar

Roll With It
Daisy,

I am so glad you found her forever home. She will be a wonderful addition to their family, largely due to the time spent with YOUR family. I know she was a strain for you, but she also added a lot of love to the house. The love is still their, and grieveing for her is natural, even though you know she is in a wonderful home.

Sorry the lady was admitted to the hospital, but so glad the daughter came to pick her up. Very nice of you to let them come so late. I know your days are long, and often start early.

Hugs,

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie there won't be a next time. Nichole has been warned she even asks to have another animal and she's out of the house. Period. It may be cute when they're little and dream of saving every stray, and are too young to understand they can't.

But she is old enough to know she can't save them all. And there will be no more fostering at my home. Mom is done.