trying luvox.......

Jena

anyone have any experience with-this medication they'd like to share.......... i did some research this a.m. i think i want to go with this medication to combat anxiety, sleep and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) i'm seeing and mania.

had peditrician double check medication for me and he's calling it in. school starts tuesday so it's a last minute effort to reduce the anxiety to get her in the bldg.

any feedback as always is greatly appreciated.

thx!!! :)

Josie

My daughter tried this when she was 9. We discontinued it because it made her a little disinhibited and gave her muscle twitches. It did help her Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) though.

I am not sure any more if the muscle twitches were caused by the Luvox or if that was just when we first noticed them. She still has them 3 years later and it seems unrelated to her medications.

It is an SSRI, so without a psychiatrist who knows what he is doing, I would be concerned it would increase her mania.

Jena

thanks, me too...... yet it seems to be a diff. type of ssri. last time i tried one of those was years ago, and she flew off the handle.

i'm trying to get her to sleep, and lower the anxiety mainly. ill give it to her tmrw night and ill know by next day. last time she reacted right away. than ill go to sleeping pills i found.....