Two Brooms - a happy story

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
went ahead and had Tday on Tuesday even tho I wasn't able to cook. While I guess I'm glad she had her Tday, it kinda burned my butt that she expected husband and the kids there when I was just coming out of the second surgery. Anyway...is what it is.

She fixed me a plate of leftovers. I just ate the leftovers since I've been home.

She had made orange jello with shredded carrots and pineapple...oh my did that taste good. I finished it off yesterday and asked her if she'd make me some more. Less than an hour later, here was Mr Two Brooms, delivering it!

YEAH!

She also made a batch of my fav cookies (but everyone else ate them all) and has been here to visit ME.

I'm moving up in the world, folks! lol

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sweet! ...Tho too bad she couldn't have done this BEFORE you got hurt, hmm?

Well, I guess we take what we can get!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Perhaps she's had a wake up call and now appreciates you for the wonderfully awesome person you really are. I certainly hope it continues. Yay!:likeit:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I told you about my dream right? HER cleaning YOUR house? WISHES DO COME TRUE.........

It was a cold and wintry Fall day. Shari, our heroine had been cooped up in her Missouri farm house far too long. The wind was howling against the clapboard siding of her modest century home. A loose shutter on the upstairs bedroom banged slightly against the window to a rhythmic tune in her head. Startled she was then awakened by the same rhythmic knocking at the door. In a slumber somewhere between peaceful dreams of riding the worlds best show horse and watching her husband clean the house the pounding became louder and louder until she was jerked back fully into the reality of her Mother In Law, two brooms knocking on the front door - jello in hand and cleaning supplies at her feet.

Wiping the sleep from her eyes and limping to the door on her crutches Shari could scarcely believe her eyes. Was she still dreaming she wondered? Her mother in law stood there with a smile and as the door creaked open her husband busily grabbed for the cleaning supplies with glee making quick work of spraying the Febreze and sorting through the inventory of goodies in the basket. "Thank you so much Mom." he said. "This is just what I need to make Shari's life a little easier. You go lay back down on the couch honey. I've got this." Then off to the kitchen they both went and soon Two brooms emerged from the kitchen with a plate of jello for Shari with a nice silver spoon and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Oh except for the part where Shari eats the jello, falls back to sleep and gets to continue riding the championship rodeo horse. The end. :winnersmiley:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
love it, star!

doubt i ever see it, but its good to dream!

and it has been confirmed, the tv is a hangup for husband. he cooked 2 meals this weekend and announced he needs a tv in the kitchen....