Update #1 - Pregnancy scare...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
No, not me! Haha -

difficult child sent me an email on myspace and told me that the evening before she left to move to her dad's she had protected sex, but then she never got her period and now she is 10 days late.

So, what to do? She has no way of getting a test without telling her dad and I can't say that would be a good thing at this point. WWYD?

TerryJ2

She could just be nervous about it and messing up her endocrine system with-all that adrenaline... I'd tell her to wait one more wk.
I'm glad she gave you a heads-up.
I've got my fingers crossed.

busywend

Does she have a gyno there yet? She could set up an appointment with one in that area and go in for a check up and a test. Dex can just assume she is going to meet her new doctor.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
She's going to have exh bring her up to the pharmacy later under the guise of needing feminine supplies. She has her own money and can just run in on her own and I don't think exh will follow her. I told her she can take the test tonight, but it's better to wait until morning. If she is, I will head down on Friday and speak with exh in person along with difficult child. I told her not to tell the guy or anyone else. She said she hasn't.

Terry, it also could be that she missed the first week of this month's birth control pill - she could be crampy because her body's confused. She said she's peeing constantly, but shortly before she left, she had a bladder infection, so that could be back as difficult child hardly ever drinks water and exh drinks nothing but coffee and coke so if that's all she is drinking, sure enough she will get another bladder infection. Exh is a jerk about that stuff, I have to say. I've only stressed with him 8 million times the importance of difficult child getting plenty of water because of her medications and her coffee intake. But I digress...

Thanks for the prayers.

Jo: I hope things work out for the best for you, as we are now facing this same situation (see recent post). Not to scare you or anything, but easy child thought that she had a bladder infection too and since she had a couple in the past, she knows what they feel like. Everytime I would call the doctor for an antibiotic, the very first question they would ask each time is "do you think she might be pregnant". I never understood why that was the first question they asked, unless it is very common in early pregnancy (actually, that is when I had my first one too).

Hopefully, she can take a test in privacy and figure out what is going on, before telling her dad. My thoughts are with you on this one!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, Test #1 came back positive about 15 minutes ago. difficult child is freaking out. I am here, she is there, her dad doesn't know anything, she does not want to tell him anything. She will take the test again in the AM. NOW I wish she were here or I was there. Crap.

F

flutterbee

Well, crap. Those tests are really accurate these days.

I'm so sorry.

(((hugs)))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Are they Heather?? Really?? I haven't taken one in a long long time. I'm starting to get a little freaked out too. I want her home now, so we can take care of this and I can hug her. And I have to tell H...I suppose I have to tell exh. I really wanted to tell him in person with difficult child. Is that wrong? At least she said she would definitely have an abortion.

It is Monday. How will she be able to hold this in until Friday? There is just no way that I can see it.

F

flutterbee

Jo, they're supposed to be 99% accurate and using first morning urine hasn't been necessary for a while. The pregnancy test I used with easy child required it. By the time I was pregnant with difficult child, it didn't. In fact my ob/gyn used the same test in the office that I used at home.

It is still possible to get a false positive. It explains it on the insert. I would recommend re-testing using first morning urine.

Friday does seem like a long time. If she is pregnant, I'm sure she really needs you right now.

susiestar

Roll With It
hugs, jo. I know you want to be with her now. She chose to live with her dad, and this is one of those things that she may have to talk to him about before you get there on Fri. I know you want to talk to him wiht her, but it is her decision.

I know she is scared, no matter what decision she makes.

Sending hugs and sympathy,

Susie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Jo

I wish I'd seen your post sooner. I've got to ditto Janet, "oh, crud."

But keep in mind that even if a second test comes back positive it's not the end of the world. (it just feels like it) Life goes forward. It might be a much tougher road is all.

been there done that and know this has got to be killing you that you can't be at her side right now.

Many ((hugs))

TerryJ2

Oh, Jo, this is scary. I've STILL got my fingers crossed for the a.m. test.
I know you're a wreck, but try to get some sleep.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'm driving down to LI tomorrow AM. I've scheduled a tentative appointment with Planned Parenthood. difficult child would like to abort, which is fine with me. I don't think it needs to be a life scarring event and it's less complicated for her. She's doing a lot of growing right now and I don't think having a baby would be the best thing for her, or us, right now. It's ultimately her choice and it pains me that she has to make a choice about something like this right now, but it is what it is. If she chooses her other option to keep it, then I guess we'll deal with that but right now she said she's sure.

She claims that she still wants to have a relationship with the young man, who we actually happen to like - a lot. In fact, I've kind of wished she'd go out with him instead of the losers she did go out with, but the kids at school gave her so much crap about him all the time...there was this really popular girl who liked him but wouldn't go out with him and didn't want anyone else to either - it was messed up. Anyway, HS is over and I wish they would just put all that crap behind her.

Right now she's playing true confessions, IM-ing me about all the lies she's told me recently. It's not that illuminating. The thing is that most of her lies were so bad or transparent we saw through them anyway...what a little wierdo.

Thank you all so much for the support.