Update on parents/Ike

Abbey

Spork Queen
Cell service is now up so we could chat. They have made it back home and most was good. Lots of downed trees and they lost their garage that was not attached to the home, but all else was fine. They are expecting electricity early today. Some of the other trailers in the park (55 and older community) did not fair so well. I'm glad they have a house.

All in all, a good outcome to a tragic event for many.

Abbey

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Whew! Glad to hear it Abbey! I know it's got to be a load off your mind to know they are safe and that the home came thru ok too.

Called my Mom too. She didn't seem to get the winds. Just rain. Tons of it. I think she said 9 inches over a few hours. She didn't get flooded. Stepdad waterproofed the foundation ect really well before he got sick. She'd griped about the cost when he did it. She's thankful now. Many neighbors have had to leave flooded houses. She can't get out til the water goes down, but none is inside the house. And she has power and stockpiles food. So I don't have to worry.

witzend

That's great news, Abbey! I'm glad that everyone is safe and sound and that you are able to set this worry aside.

Andy

That is very good news. Glad they stayed safe and had minimal property damage - better a garage than part of the house.