Update on PO

DammitJanet

Cory had to see his PO (aka mr hunky) down at the office today to get all his info worked out. I made it a point to let the man know that Cory sees a psychiatrist and that they put him back on medications today...lol. Cory was NOT amused with me doing that...oh well...snicker snicker.

I just died laughing inside when this guy told Cory "unsupervised probationers get assigned to PO's with well over 200 cases. They dont have the time to supervise you but let me tell you, I only have 50 cases and it wont bother me a bit to make it 49!"

They gave Cory until the 12th to either have a job or he has to be in school. Im thrilled. I kept thanking the man...lol. I bet he hasnt seen that too often.

meowbunny

It sounds good. Let's hope he can find a job or is school really an option for him?

LOL on ratting him out about the medications. You go, girl!

DammitJanet

The general consensus of people in the justice system is that getting people to get at least a GED is good. We even have this program where after they get their GED then they will pay the person to attend school/training program. Cory dropped out at 15 in 9th grade however he has taken some pretests for the GED and done quite well on them. He just doesnt follow through well.

VickiL

Way to go, Janet!! And thank goodness Cory finally has met his match! I think it's great, no matter how they get them to do it, for him to finish school. I'm just giggling about you snitching on him...:)

I can "hear" the relief in your posts now and it makes me smile. You SOOOOOOO deserve time off from Cory. With the added bonus of Mr. Hunky able to pop in whenever he feels like it:wink:

Abbey

Spork Queen
I only have 50 cases and it wont bother me a bit to make it 49!"

That is the BEST!! He was probably bluffing, but whatever works, works!!

Abbey

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Rob's PO, "Saint Scott", earned the name I gave him. He was tough, fair, and he got things done. I hope Mr. Hunky is as good as he sounds too, Janet.

Suz

DammitJanet

I hope he is too Suz. All the others were...ummm...useless.

I dont know if Cory can maintain or not...if not it wont be because we didnt warn him. Its all in his court (haha pun) now.

Star*

call 911........call 911
yeah - yeah, but where is the picture of YOU perched on top Mr. Hunky's head with that deer in the headlights look as someone snapped the photo?

Hmmmmmmm.

DammitJanet

LOL.

Well we have a bit of good news. Cory went to apply for a job today and he got it! He will start work on Monday with a local electrical company and they seem very impressed with him. They know he is on probation and the man said that didnt matter because he felt it would inspire Cory to work hard. Cory told the guy that he could start him off at a lower rate of pay and see what kind of worker he was and then decide what he was worth. The man seemed thrilled with that. The man also said they had some work to do cleaning up some storage trailers and asked Cory if he had a problem doing that. Cory told him "No sir, I will do any job you tell me to do. If you say dig a ditch, I will ask how deep." He knows he has to make this work or else. LOL. Also this company has permanent positions with paid vacations, insurance and other benefits and the man said that he was going to recommend him for one of those slots. They also will pay half his tuition to go to school.

Cory is walking on air right now...lol. But he is also watching that clock!

Christy

Sounds like a productive situation. Hope the job hunt and/or school goes well. Isn't it nice to have someone else be the enforcer for a change?

Wishing you the best,
Christy

meowbunny

Way To Go Cory! Sounds like a good job with a real future and local. Can't be that. And, from what you've said, he is a good worker. Will he have transportation issues like he has had in the past? Hope not.

You know, he may just turn himself around. It really does sound like most of what has happened lately wasn't caused by him. Could the influence of Keyana have started him towards maturity? Another let's hope.

No matter what, it sounds like he has a fighting chance if he chooses to take it. Personally, I think he will.

susiestar

Roll With It
It is always nice to hear when one of our difficult child's gets a job with a chance for a real future. I hope Cory keeps the job, works hard, and takes advantage of every benefit they offer!!!

Susie

witzend

Heh, heh, heh,. I'm just grinning from ear to ear. This is really a great post, Janet. It should really give his ego a much needed boost!