Update on Us

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I thought about where to put this, and, well, I think it should go here, because I don't know otherwise!

I still pop in occasionally, and I lurk quite a bit. There's really not a lot going on around here...

Belle is in another state with her boyfriend, and they're doing well. She's a complete 180 from the addict felon who brought me here. I'm so very proud of her! She's still making mistakes, but they are NORMAL mistakes, not the awful things that took her to prison. Of course time will tell, but so far, so good.

Pat has had ALL of the teen angst and rebelliousness hit at once. It's not been pretty.

Rose is headstrong, a handful, and the most giving and loving 3-year-old I have ever met. Still trying to potty train her... I think she might finally be ready. I don't have a whole lot of help in this, and I work full time, so it's hit and miss.

husband and I had a huge blow up that ended up with us finally (!!!) getting marital counseling (his idea... He's always been resistant before). Since we started, things are MUCH better. We're still working on that, but one of the big issues is being on the same page in parenting, so that's a good start. Also, his anxiety is better, especially with taking the dog nearly everywhere (1-year-old Great Pyrenees, in training to be a therapy dog).

Me? Pretty good. I finally got in to see a psychiatrist this morning (I've been waiting on the list for months), and REAL counseling will start in the new year. I don't feel as hopeless as I did when I set this up, but the new medications (Lexapro) help a lot. My anxiety is down to a dull roar and the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is something I can relax about now... Mostly.

My Mom's BFF since high school, the one with ALS, passed in October, and in November she and I and Rose flew to NM to attend the memorial. It was really nice to have girl time... And Rose was a trooper on the plane! She actually kept me from having a panic attack (I despise flying).

So everyone reading, Merry Christmas / Happy Hanukkah / Happy Yule and all the other possibilities I don't know about!

InsaneCdn

Nice to see you around here Annie!
it's so nice when our difficult kids end up being... normally difficult.
:rofl:

Best of the holidays to you, too.